P1751 after removing Smarty tuning

pistazie

interloper
I've read through ktmracer21's post about about code P1751 (transmission throttle valve position minimum range performance)...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58962&highlight=p1751

...but unfortunately there was no resolution or fix at the end! In my case it's happened since I removed the Smarty tuning a few days ago.

The code shows up on start-up after I have cleared the code and then run the truck. I've cleared it twice now. The transmission still shifts fine, and no second gear starts or anything like that.

My truck has DTT transmission parts, the DTT shift enhancer as well as their voltage regulator (about 8,000 km). I've recently switched to the GM solenoid and changed the sensor. There have been no issues until I removed the Smarty.

Any ideas are welcome. just get the feeling something electronic needs to be reset or recalibrated, not sure now!

Did you try putting the smarty back on to see if it goes away?

My daughter has the chicken pox so I'm kinda house-bound while I keep her quarantined, lol. But I will try that. Still, I would like to be able to run my truck without the tuning for a few months as I am lending it to someone for awhile...

You can put it on valet mode with the smarty too if you would like... and then keep the box with you,, lol

Lol, what's valet mode?? I just put it back to stock...I should clarify I'm lending the smarty tuner to someone, not my truck.

ahhh,, there you go,,LOL are you sure that it isnt vin locked to your truck? I know mine is, I wouldnt even be able to lend it to someone

Nope, should be good, the one I have is transferable once the tuning is set back to stock...

on a side note, whooo-hoo, now I have 10 posts I can actually pm people.

well at my rate of posting that should be another year or so...
:doh:

i get my 1751 from the junk stock solenoid. i run a bullly dog but i havent taken that off in 6-8 months. im ready to go to the gm piece bc im sick of this stupid light. but mine will turn itself off after time and come back.

well that's not quite the news I wanted to hear, but thank you for posting an update ktmracer21, much appreciated. I guess its more an annoyance than anything. I did the GM solenoid upgrade not too long ago, I'm hoping its not that again. I will fiddle with it some more...I don't get the light shut-off like you do.

Haha, nice change of avatar ktmracer21.

As an update, turns out the trans throttle valve actuator motor was on the verge of giving out.

Seems like the electronics (Smarty and DTT shift enhancer) masked the signs of it going bad. The when taking the tuning off and running stock torque management, I got the code....

... in any case I put on a new TTVA motor this morning and it fixed the problem!

Back