P7100 Cutaway/Operation

Awesome job!!! i didnt even finish watching and its great already!

Last edited:
Yes I agree, pretty awesome! Just a lil feedback to help you, when your are doin your video, try to remember to keep the light behind you so it doesn't glare. It'll make the video clearer and easier to see what you are trying to show. But great job I like it :)

How do I edit my posts? BTW heres another one I just made. I didn't realize nobody had ever posted a vid of it on youtube. Let me know if it's wrong since I have never actually done it haha.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ujIgFSIiU"]P7100 Governor Spring Kit Install - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks guys, sorry for the glare.

I found out the 15 min thing so heres the full length one if you want to watch it in 1 part haha.

P7100 Cutaway Operation - YouTube

If a mod would replace the initial posting with just this full length one that would be great, then I can delete them so I don't have 2 parts of the same full video mixed in with everything.

Last edited:
I do have the whole delivery valve holder cut away as well haha. Have to grab it next time I'm home. I got something better planned for today though. End all the mysteries of the governor movements. Finally got it all figured out.

Your other video is pretty cool too. Nice work, thanks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3S65hqFaUo&feature=share&list=FL6sX5_xBG2z3Tk66rCOssZw"]P7100 Operation - YouTube[/ame]

You should have gone over how the delivery valves relate to the fuel flow. Great video thou!

This thread explains it better than I understand right now. From what I can tell, the higher flowing delivery valves do not have much of a collar underneath the seat. The delivery valve goes into the seat and that collar seals it off. Because the 131/181 collars are so long, the delivery valve has to be pressed way up (resisting the spring pressure) before it opens so less fuel is delivered since only a given amount of fuel reaches that pressure. The laser cut full cut whatever ones have NO collar and it seems they just open with minimal pressure. I mean if they pop off the seat then they are open, they aren't still sealed off with that collar thing.

I went back home to get this stuff, forgot I got jipped on the delivery valves so I'm going to take one out of my truck. I don't drive it much since I got a jeep now, rather work on it anyways. So tomorrow, flood of videos haha.

Back