p7100 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwente

brought to you by drinkin
i bought a 98 12v motor with low miles. im putting a 24v head on it and was wondering what kinda power i can get from this pump. dont know much of anything about p pumps so tell me what i need to know. thanks

If you don't want to change pistons, just heat the 24v nozzles till cherry red and gently tap them over so they spray into the 12v bowl.

If you don't want to change pistons, just heat the 24v nozzles till cherry red and gently tap them over so they spray into the 12v bowl.

lol thats some good info right there.. oh and to answer this guys question of how much power that can be made.. over 2000hp

i know you can get a lot of power from the p7100 but im talking about just adjusting the pump. not havin a whole new 14mm pump or something. and yes im changing pistons. but im on here looking for help and other peoples input from people whove done this before. not smartass comments like take a torch to injectors. may not be a pro but im not a dumbass either

its pretty simple to get to the mid 500's depending on injectors and pump tuning ability..

alright thats what i was wantin to know. got an idea what id need done to the pump alone to get around 7's. i got acces to all sorts of injectors too so so whatd you reccomend on those

yes you can.. i personally havent seen many pumps break into the 7's without being a 215pump.. i know chads p pumped 24valve with a diesel pro cam a 66 turbo and his 215 pump makes right at 750 on the motor with lightning 2's and im not sure on the size.. im guessing at 6x.012 ish maybe .014.. has enough extra fuel still to make 930 with a little giggle gas..

You really need to search, there are threads that people say " this has been talked about tons" and then there are ppump threads. There must be a million of them, all you need to do is search there are ppump breakdown threads, how to tune threads. And the millions of millions of "I'm new to pumps do they make power?"

ok. not sure what my pump is forget to check it out. but was out of a 98. im running a helix 3 cam and silver 64 charger for now. not sure what injectors im going after yet. will just depend on what i end up wantin to spend i guess

yep at that point if you have injector options then spend a day testing on the dyno.. oh and timing plays a good role, chad runs anywhere from 30 to 34*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back