PA Meet 2008 part II (3-9-08), Poll inside.. You pick it!

nick17847

Well.. fellow PA'ers we got a solid 2 months of winter doldrums yet.. And I'd like to squeeze one more meet & greet here before the weather breaks... And the drag strips open, spring fling dyno competition, sled pulling, bar-b-qs etc...

I've pre-selected SUNDAY, March 9th @ 2 PM as the big day. This is one week before Easter Sunday. The location is up to you! I have about 3 good locations in mind, the 4th will be "other" and you will need to forward your input into a post. I prefer easy to find locations with worthy food that can suit anyone. The real crux of this date is that last year, we at CumminsForum met at Stop 35 in Mifflintown on March 10th.

My selections are as follows..

- Stop 35

- Hillside Cafe

- QuakerSteak & Lube

Stop 35 is a rather centrally located truckstop of Juniata county. The restaurant is homestyle cooking.

If you like steak:rockwoot: , you've gotta visit this place. Hillside Cafe just south of Harrisburg on I-83. The Mason-Dixon club held our annual holiday dinner there back in early December and i personally witnessed Big Angry and Hammer consume one cow a piece! This place does know how to serve up a steak.:Cheer: This location is rather closer for our Maryland members also.

"The Lube" (QSL) housed our recent meet n' greet on Jan. 19th. This is a must visit for any real motor head! This is located near Bloomsburg right off I-80. I would like to personally thank each member who made this last meet, and making it a success. I will do so below.

So there you have it, this is up to the viewers choice. My selections do favor a central..southern..eastern area type of triangle and i know there are several members in this whole area. So show some member support and try to make it out to shake a few hands. Make your decision based on appetite or driving distance.. It's viewer's choice.

Now, the last meet at QSL.. We had 13 trucks and 22 members show.

jdjanetka and wife with the gorgeous green '95, The Garofalo brothers (Nick and Mike) and Ron from NEPA with the truck that had 8" garbage cans for stacks!, mojo1578 and wife with the sleek '02, DBrink455 and guest with the silver 04 with projector beams, myself, Hammer, JDog56 with the work looking wild truck, Arch and his wife with the flat-bedded first gen, Dave with his club cab '96 (he's the one that has a bad hairday ..everyday), Colton? with the 07 dually, RacinJason with the clean red 24 valve, the lifted Superduty with a 12 valve and Sledpuller and SmokenOlds5.7 for representing the western part of the state! Again.. i thank you all for making the January meet a success. Now it's time for installment #2.. Let's have it!!

Baghhh, the 2 minute timer ran out before i got the poll all typed in. Hopefully the Mods understand I'm not a record breaking typist and do, do some proofreading. I also spent a few moments counting the days on the calender for when to close the poll, I'd like 18 days from the 16th (today). Public Poll.

Poll should include

Stop 35

Hillside Cafe

"The Lube" (QSL)

other (please specify below)

Good catch Steve.. My bad. I must have been thinking of the Saint Patrick's day parade of Scranton.. (Saturday, 15th) that I know some northeast members will be attending. I'm going to restart this thread and properly get the poll there! Just have to work more quickly this time!!

Back