PA Meet 2008 part II (3-9-08), Poll inside.. You pick it!

Where to have the second PA winter meet of '08?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick17847

Well.. fellow PA'ers we got a solid 2 months of winter doldrums yet.. And I'd like to squeeze one more meet & greet here before the weather breaks... And the drag strips open, spring fling dyno competition, sled pulling, bar-b-qs etc...

I've pre-selected SUNDAY, March 9th @ 2 PM as the big day. This is two weeks before Easter Sunday. The location is up to you! I have about 3 good locations in mind, the 4th will be "other" and you will need to forward your input into a post. I prefer easy to find locations with worthy food that can suit anyone. The real crux of this date is that last year, we at CumminsForum met at Stop 35 in Mifflintown on March 10th.

My selections are as follows..

- Stop 35

- Hillside Cafe

- QuakerSteak & Lube

Stop 35 is a rather centrally located truckstop of Juniata county. The restaurant is homestyle cooking.

If you like steak:rockwoot: , you've gotta visit this place. Hillside Cafe just south of Harrisburg on I-83. The Mason-Dixon club held our annual holiday dinner there back in early December and i personally witnessed Big Angry and Hammer consume one cow a piece! This place does know how to serve up a steak:Cheer: . This location is rather closer for our Maryland members also.

"The Lube" (QSL) housed our recent meet n' greet on Jan. 19th. This is a must visit for any real motor head! This is located near Bloomsburg right off I-80. I would like to personally thank each member who made this last meet, and making it a success. I will do so below.

So there you have it, this is up to the viewers choice. My selections do favor a central..southern..eastern area type of triangle and i know there are several members in this whole area. So show some member support and try to make it out to shake a few hands. Make your decision based on appetite or driving distance.. It's viewer's choice.

Now, the last meet at QSL.. We had 13 trucks and 22 members show.

jdjanetka and wife with the gorgeous green '95, The Garofalo brothers (Nick and Mike) and Ron from NEPA with the truck that had 8" garbage cans for stacks!, mojo1578 and wife with the sleek '02, DBrink455 and guest with the silver 04 with projector beams, myself, Hammer, JDog56 with the work looking wild truck, Arch and his wife with the flat-bedded first gen, Dave with his club cab '96 (he's the one that has a bad hairday ..everyday), Colton? with the 07 dually, RacinJason with the clean red 24 valve, the lifted Superduty with a 12 valve and Sledpuller and SmokenOlds5.7 for representing the western part of the state! Again.. i thank you all for making the January meet a success. Now it's time for installment #2.. Let's have it!!

I gotta stop working so much so I can come hang out with you guys, if you don't mind being seen with a ranger gasser.

Not a problem! I'm sure you would be there in diesel spirit. Reminds me of last winter for the Stop 35 meet.. That's when my engine was apart and I ended up driving my mom's Trailblazer. I did bring my cracked piston for a good conversion piece though..

Your avatar? Is that "Killer"? That's one impressive motor, dosen't even sound like a Mack any more! Hate to say it, but that engine setup gives the KT Cummins trucks a run for their money.. And that's some scary power!!

nick17847 said:
Not a problem! I'm sure you would be there in diesel spirit. Reminds me of last winter for the Stop 35 meet.. That's when my engine was apart and I ended up driving my mom's Trailblazer. I did bring my cracked piston for a good conversion piece though..

Your avatar? Is that "Killer"? That's one impressive motor, dosen't even sound like a Mack any more! Hate to say it, but that engine setup gives the KT Cummins trucks a run for their money.. And that's some scary power!!

Yea thats Killer. I've become so obsessed with the sound of that truck.

Joush said:
Yea thats Killer. I've become so obsessed with the sound of that truck.

Im with you. That is absolutly my favorite pulling truck. There is still a hint of that V-8 mack sound in all that noise.

all them are across coutry from me gotta find a centeral location for all of us to meet east coast and west coast gotta be a middle somewhere

Well folks, the results are in! Hillside had accumulated 20 votes and QSL had 18. Thanks for voting! These were taken from public polls on CompD, CumminsForum and DTR.

This Sunday, officially.. the location will be at THE HILLSIDE CAFE, 2 PM

I'm also going to start a fresh thread on this to grab the attention of Maryland members in their respective areas.. You may feel like you are seeing doubles... lol

Attn MD members: Meet N' Greet this Sunday in PA

That's right! This Sunday at 2 PM, location will be The Hillside Cafe located right along I-83 (exit 35) just south of Harrisburg. E-Z ON/OFF. This place is an awesome steakhouse, the MD-TDC recently held our annual holiday dinner there back in December. Weather should be decent Sunday, the flood waters will have receded and should be a good opportunity to come out for a good dinner, meet your fellow forum members, pop some hoods and possibly spread some of this diesel disease. It's always a sight-to-see, about 10-20 of our trucks all parked side by side in the parking lot.. displays the brethren that we all have in common!

Don't be afraid to bring the whole family either, or any other diesel owners. It's open to all diesel makes and this restaurant provides a family atmosphere. If you would like to preview the menu or see the pics of this place, feel free to visit their website;
http://www.hillsidecafe.net/

hey I see more people on here accually voted for QSL and hillside is a little far for me so if any of u guys still wanna go to QSL i would consider going there sunday instead. let me know.

That might not be a bad idea there Stovepipe.. That was one qualm I had while trying this whole voting thing.. I thought it would mostly depend on regional area, and "this" area would have more people pop up and vote.. While leaving the other guys at home with their hands in their pockets.. Not what I wanted to envision!!

If this Sunday has a decent turnout, I may try to make these two stops an annual winter thing.. in addition to any others that may happen (like the Petro meet at Avoca in January).

-The Saturday meet in January at QSL

-This Sunday meet at The Hillside

A big thanks to everyone who made it out this afternoon, the food was right on par! Was also nice meeting a few members that are new to these types of get-togethers here.. Next up, Spring Fling May 17/18th!!

Only two members from south of the Mason-Dixon line, Ymustang and CetaneFreak! Special kudos go out to CetaneFreak and his female guest for bringing the nice camera and making the trip from Va.. A real daily driver, strong running truck too!!

Any pictures taken, please try to get them posted up when you can. Hammer missed out on the dirtiest truck award, it was stolen by Big Angry!:hehe::thankyou2:

Like I've hinted before.. I wouldn't mind just making these past two winter meets an annual thing and do away witrh the voting. One in January and one in March, one will be a Saturday deal and the other will be a Sunday.. and the two locations will be Bloomsburg's QSL & The Hillside. The Mason-Dixon holiday dinner may possibly get moved into January and if so, I'll be sure to stear clear and not cram the schedule..

Thanks again!!

I had a great time and we all did our best to make sure the local farmers beef supply was lowered.It seems to me that the Peanut Butter pie is becoming more of a hit than the meal,LOL.Maybe next time I will be able to consume some along with my half of steer.

It was nice meeting the new members and some from the other boards who showed up.I am going to have visions of that Electric Blue Common Rail dancing in my head now for a while as WOW what a ride.I was worried that with my truck all dirty I'd stick out like a sore thumb but Ted outdid me even:hehe::hehe::thankyou2:.

Here are the photo's I took and if anyone else has some they would like added feel free to email them to me at the box listed below and I will make sure they get added and credit......Andy

12vflameredram@gmail.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/12vFlameRedRam/2008HillsideCafeMeetNGreet

Thanks Nick for putting this together, it was great fun even with my filthy truck.
Good to see everyone again and meet some new people.

Back