• solid color

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • two -tone

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • other-specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

injected79

Hey guys, i just picked up another clean 1979 f-150 shortbed 4x4. My dad and i are restoring it and then going to sale it. We are stuck on what color/colors we should go with. The truck is going to ride on about 5 inches of lift with 33x14.50 swampers and 12 inch wide weld wheels

I guess my main question is what does everybody like, two-tone or a solid color with chrome rocker kit and fender wheel molding.

What colors do most of you like.

If we decide to go two-tone its not going to be the standard two tone, we were going to do the top one color down to the body line, then another color the reest of the way down

We are trying to stay away from blue, and burnt orange because we already have two other 79 fords that are those colors.

I was going to suggest a dark green with crome rocker pannels but then I saw the truck in your avatar:doh:
I still think it would look good though

if you were to go two tone I kind of like the green and brown two tone trucks

race track trim with white or silver in the center and about any color on the outside.......

A 79 would look sweet with a charcoal grey. I am not a big fan of two toner schemes.

Blacks and silvers go well, greens and silvers, browns and tans, i like blue and silver but you are trying to stay away from the blue

We have thought about if we go two-tone a hemi-orange top and white bottom, and maybe put a orange pearl in the paint also? what do you think ? We are trying to stay away from the normal trucks you see, we want something different thats going to get your attention but not get to extravagant with it .

looking for something simple but different

i like your last idea. that would be a sharp color combo and i really two tone jobs that are split right at the the top body line.

I like solid and I am partial to black paint or the ford Midnight blue but the orange and white don't sound to bad my 75 is black.

Dale

Hey guys i know its been awhile since on these thread but with the great weather we have had here in ohio it's been a pita to get outside when its warm enough to paint or do body work. But we recieved alot of free fuel for the heaters so we cranked them up and went to town on this truck. We finally got it sprayed last night. So i figured i would post up a couple pics. The pictures are not the best, since i took them with my phone.

O ya the paint on the top is saddle red metellic (dark burnt orange), and the bottom is 08 ford svt high performance white.

Attachments

• bed paint 2.jpg
    bed paint 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 15
  • door paint 1.jpg
    door paint 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 12
  • hood paint 1.jpg
    hood paint 1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
looking sharp I like the hood I was going to get a hood from USbody source that has a GT style scoop on it money ran out soo I kept the stock one.

Dale

Darn, you painted it already... I was going to suggest a single tone, but if you went 2-tone I saw a 2nd Gen Dodge the other day that was the dark green(pine green?) up top and goldish bronze on the bottom and it looked REAL sweet. I see it almost everyday on my way to my daughters daycare but I can't seem to get a picture of it, lol.

Ill try to get some better pictures of it after we get her put all back together.

Back