Painting my truck, with pics

I got started on the truck today. I blocked the roof with 180 grit & I was surprised to see that most of the hail dents blocked out without mud. I coated the entire roof with Poly & sanded most of it back off. The truck is officially off the road until it is completed. Atleast I've got another truck to drive

Found my camera, here are some pics of the truck. I found 1/4" of mud on the lower rear quarter from some jackazz body guy who didn't know how the make it straight without using a gallon of mud. I am removing the mud & straightening the metal. I'll be finishing the job after the front half is painted & the bed is on the stand. Today I replaced the LH front fender, quite a job. I've included pics of the roof, It is coming along, lots of hail dents up there, but its straightening out nice.

View attachment 13688

View attachment 13689

View attachment 13690

View attachment 13691

When I get tired, I walk in the house & look at this.:hehe:
View attachment 13692

Last edited:
and this hood is :Cheer:

paulshood.jpg

paulshood3.jpg

that hood is *****in only one thing i would do different is the flames had them be more real looking other then that its awesome

I've been checking in on this thread every now and then and love the work! I'm a big fan of doing the job right the first time and I'm glad your taking your time and doing it right! Can't wait to see the finished product

I love the color, hood looks awsome! Be sure to share some pics of the interior when you get done. . . I did a leather upgrade myself

farmedem.jpg

farmedleth.jpg

farmedleth2.jpg

I've been checking in on this thread every now and then and love the work! I'm a big fan of doing the job right the first time and I'm glad your taking your time and doing it right! Can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks man. I can't wait either, but it is gonna be a while before I get it as straight as I want it.

nice! If it were me, I would do something wih those frame rails and underneath while the bed is off!

nice! If it were me, I would do something wih those frame rails and underneath while the bed is off!

You read my mind. I am going to hit it with wire brush, grinding wheels & put some Picklex to it, then coat it with that new Rustoleum with corrosion resistance. No shortcuts man!!! I am taking my time & doing it right, don't worry.:hehe: I saw some rust on the rockers where stones chipped my paint, although I am getting it Line-x, I'm sanding the entire rockers to bare metal. I'll be coating the rockers with Picklex, then epoxy primer, 2k primer, then bc/cc.

I'm off work this week due to cold weather, should be a good week.:rockwoot:

Remind me again that all this work will be worth it in the end, because right now this truck looks like SH!^! :hehe: Today I sanded the entire passenger side rocker to bare metal & coated with Picklex. Then I removed the hood, cowl cover, rad support & drivers side doors. I removed all the sill plates, weatherstripping & got the drivers side jamb ready to sand tomorrow. The truck looks like a parts truck now.:hehe:

View attachment 13790

View attachment 13791

View attachment 13792

View attachment 13793

View attachment 13794

Last edited:
Back