Passenger Battery?

mudder500

I pulled my head off finally to replace head gasket and rework valves while I have it apart. Im deleting the grid heater while I'm in it. Can I just get rid of the passenger battery to clean up the under good area and leave drivers where it is?

Sure, just have to take a longer wire from the alternator to the drivers battery.

Sorry should have checked for a newer thread on it. Seems like just bigger ground and big wire to my other battery.... Should I run a bigger battery on that one side?

I was about to post this link up as well. I got rid of everything and I bought a new cable from a local parts store and ran it from the alternator to the drivers side battery. It charges just fine now. In the future I'll probably run a ground cable from the block to the frame as well.

Sorry should have checked for a newer thread on it. Seems like just bigger ground and big wire to my other battery.... Should I run a bigger battery on that one side?

If you're in a warmer climate and won't need extra power to cycle the glow plugs a lot or do a lot of cranking then the standard one should be fine. I'm in California and mine has been fine since running it alone.

Last edited:
We usually only c 15 or so days below freezing in the mornings. This year been warm. Highs stay in 40-50 range nornally

I've started mine down to about -15C with a single battery. It didn't like it, but it did it. I wouldn't trust that everyday as a daily driver, but if you're in warm climates, a single should be good.

Single battery will start in the far north just fine as long as you don't let it completely discharge and freeze.

Guess it's time for my crackhead deal of 100 dollars on a good optima for the drivers side. This is my daily driver also. I need replace the passenger battery but if it's not needed then it's gone

I've been running a single odyssey battery in mime for about 7 yrs now. No problems from it, I was told that every couple yrs or so I should put a trickle charger on it, to make sure it's charged deep.

81a902511f832255aba01a28a3301c9e.jpg

This has probably been covered, but the search tabs giving me hell on my phone..... I saw a guy run both batteries parallel in the drivers side tray?

What's needed to do it?

This has probably been covered, but the search tabs giving me hell on my phone..... I saw a guy run both batteries parallel in the drivers side tray?

What's needed to do it?
2 very small batteries.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Nope they were both optima redtops....... fit like a glove width wise. I know he modified the hold down. It was a 3rd gen factory tray.

Probably just turned them sideways, and they stuck out into the engine bay a little more? That would actually be kinda nice.

Probably just turned them sideways, and they stuck out into the engine bay a little more? That would actually be kinda nice.

Yeah I'll see if I can locate the pic again.

I just am unsure of what to do with the cable on the passanger side, and routing by tying them together.

Yeah I'll see if I can locate the pic again.

I just am unsure of what to do with the cable on the passanger side, and routing by tying them together.

I just removed everything from the passenger side, like it was never there. If you tie them together, just run them parallel like they were before. Thats actually the only way to run them lol.

I just removed everything from the passenger side, like it was never there. If you tie them together, just run them parallel like they were before. Thats actually the only way to run them lol.

I'll get to digging into it soon.... anything electrical related just make me puss out sometimes!:eek:wned:

Back