PATC 68RFE Line Pressure Enhancer

1320Cummins

2G Collector
I did a quick search and came up with nothing. Have any of you tried the line pressure booster from PATC? I was going to use a resistor but for $15.00 + S&H you cant go wrong if 10 to 15 psi is enough. I know that a 10-15 psi gain in a 47re is not chit but is that much of a gain in the 68RFE? I figure if thats not enough I could just change the resistor they are using.
what do you guys think?

Dont waste you money on that. Either have the TCM re-programmed or use an HS programmer with the overdrive. I have seen a few others use it but makes no difference where it is needed in 5th and 6th gear since the TCM lowers line pressures in those gears. The fooler wont do much, remember a 47-48 re has mechanical adjustment for line pressure. The 68rfe is all electronic control.

I read that after installing a line pressure booster the TCM will start to compensate and basically revert back to how it previously shifted. It may work for awhile or if you floor it ALL of the time. Some kind of TCM programming is a better long term solution from what I have read.

Back