PATC converter

AHarvey

TRUCK JUNKIE
Anyone running a PATC triple disc? I have a friend who swears by them, but he is using them for gas burner trans parts.

About to put one in my buddies truck, only because he got it on sale.

I've been running one for 2 or 3 years now heavy loads and extreme punishment! Still stalls the engine if I forget to unlock it!

You could look into a refurb'd convertor from Diesel Performance Converters if your on a budget, Phil has his own brand but also has great deal's on core's that he refurb's

Not really a budget deal. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them.

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but What makes them better? The only converters i have any experience with are suncoast, and they seem well built. My question was about PATC, because i have a friend pushing me to try them.

quality of build, lifespan of parts, warrant, one free stall change and the best customer service around..
DPC doesn't charge you more for a low stall converter, PATC does..
Having dealt with both, Phil gets my vote all around.

Not trying to sound like a smartass, but What makes them better? The only converters i have any experience with are suncoast, and they seem well built. My question was about PATC, because i have a friend pushing me to try them.

Not sure on PATC... but DPC comes with a lifetime warranty.

OK. Thanks. Now I am still learning the diesel thing. When would you want the "lower than stock" stall speed. Towing or Drag racing?

towing, overall driving. only high boost big turbo drag racing really needs higher than stock stall... pretty sure

I was planning to just run stock stall. This will be a street/strip application. No towing.

whatever floats your boat. I run a DPC triple disc 300rpm below stock with a borg warner 66. I like the firmer feel with a lower stall.

That's the thing. I don't really know. This truck should weigh in around 4600 with me in it, so I guess I'll start with stock. If DPC does 1 free restall, that sounds like a good deal.

Another vote for DPC.
I purchased a 400rpm below stock stall for my 48RE. Yet to install the converter, but after a few test rides in other diesels, it was easy to decide on the lower stall speed.

Try the 3150 converter from dpc. Its a nice tight converter that steak slightly below stock.. It is a monster and works very well..
I went to a stock stall and it works very well in my application. (big injectors, tiredvp44) but it is still tighter than a stock converter...
I can push right through a banks or stock"modified" converter with ease now, i can't with the dpc.

Back