PCM problems

smokin06

We are workn in a buddy of mines 99 powerstroke. We cleaned the computer to put a ts chip on it. i got it all hooked back up an went to take the super chip off and it keeps sayn commucation error...Do you guys have any suggestions???? It would be much apprecatied. the wait to start lite isnt commin on either.. thanks guys

Sounds like it fried the PCM.

Same thing happend on 2 of my friends trucks with TS chips.

the sos cloth they send you.. well we dont know yet cause we are puttn a slve cylinder on it but havin major problems there to.... so we cant start it but... the wait to start lite wont come on so i know it wont start

Hmm, the two we had were wiped clean then the chip was installed. They would turn over but no start afterward s.

Do you have a wait to start light without the chip installed? If not the PCM is toast most likely

Clean the superchips off of the computer first. Then install the TS chip.

Same on my truck. I have a TS. If I try and load an edge module. It will just read that there is an error and do nothing. The Chips over ride the programmers. Thats why you cant "stack" on a PS if Im not mistaken.

if your pcm doesnt have the ts installed then im bettin its toast...mine will not start if mine is loose but once it has its connection I have no issues..it is very possible you sanded to far

I should have said "chip"

Went something like this:

Truck 1 runs fine
Goes to truck 2 and runs fine
Wont let truck 3 start
Works on truck 2 again
Fries PCM on truck 4
Fries PCM on truck 2

Same person installed it on all the trucks using the same method. After multiply tries to directly contact Dennis and Shelia about it I'm just gonna tell people what happened.

Back