pcs tune

DEZLFREK

my licence plate says it
anyone have a pcs tune that works of the tps, mine is set up on mph and works but it think the tps tune would be better.. bts was supposed to send me a tune but what people are supposed to do and what really happens are different i guess like their lifetime warrenty..

Pm Me your email address and then I also need your current TCU File, tire size, gear ratio and other options you have wired in for the inputs. Engine mods like the REAL redline for WOT shifting ect....

anyone have a pcs tune that works of the tps, mine is set up on mph and works but it think the tps tune would be better.. bts was supposed to send me a tune but what people are supposed to do and what really happens are different i guess like their lifetime warrenty..

:rolleyes:

Maybe if you took some time to try and figure it out yourself you wouldn't come across like such an ass! :doh:

:rolleyes:

Maybe if you took some time to try and figure it out yourself you wouldn't come across like such an ass! :doh:

maybe, im not really all that happy with bts at this point. he said he would send me the tune, acctually about 3 months hes been saying he would send me a tune.. i have tuned the current tune as good as i can but the % of tps and mph tune are pretty crude.. and fyi i am figuring it out myself with help from others.. thanks for your input..
and those of you that are helping thank you

What makes you think someone sending you a "tune" is going to be right for "your" truck? :confused: EVERY truck acts different and EVERY person has different preferences on how they like it to act. That is why YOU need to spend the time to tweak it. And when I say time, I don't mean 5 min.!! I have had a PCS on my truck for over 4 years and I am STILL tweaking it.

You said you wanted it to use throttle position instead of TPS % vs. mph. Guess what? THAT IS THE WAY IT WORKS!! Unless you want to try it by load % and that is 100 times more difficult to tune than the way you have it. Just because someone sends you a tune doesn't mean you have the same inputs wired the same way anyway. So what if your TPS is not wired to the same input as the "tune" you receive is set for?? You will be on here *****in about how the tune whoever sent you doesn't work.

Take some personal responsibility in your own modified truck and quit complaining that someone is not setting you up! or get rid of it a drive something stock.:nail:

Oh...

And Bryan Kinney bought that tranny from BTS 10 years ago...

What makes you think that you have a "Lifetime Warrenty" on it????

ok greg(you trying to be a dickboy), here the thing, i was tuning on it but brian said he had one that works better than the way i have it set up.. so i was asking if anyone else knew how.. obviously i dont. i have been tweeking it and its getting better.
also if brian would have looked up the last time it was rebuilt around 07 like he said he would, then he would have known that it had a spragless converter so i wouldnt have burned the thing up on my first 100 mile trip.. and last time i checked i didnt care or know it didnt have a lifetime warrenty(how long is lifetime captain smart?) because in the two weeks i couldnt get a hold of brian i already had it in the process of being rebuilt..
and so if you who bryan kinny is then who got him started in diesels? if you choose to try and tell me to drive something stock you better figure out who and how long ive been playing this game there chief.. now if you want to continue this then pm me unless you have something constructive to add..

Make sure the "TCC unlocks during downshifts" box is checked in the "TCC Lockup Parameters" section of your Calibration/Tuning

thank you, i have it so it should unlock but somehow or reason this tran has a overide for 3rd and 4th lockup. as soon as it shifts into 3rd it locks. thats one of the things i am hopeing to figure out. i will make things not fun when towing in the hills. so i have to have the 2nd unlock really close to the upshift point so i can get the spoolup back under low tps%..

Then in the same section ("TCC Lockup Parameters") enable "Use TCC Lockup per gear" and then edit when you want lock up in each gear.

i tried.. it locks for some reason when it shifts into 3rd no matter mph we put the lockup settings to by mph.. maybe when i get this tranny back in it will be different or ill figure how to make it unlock at 0% tps..

Adam, I am still waiting for your TCU file and when I get that I will walk you through a data log session and have you send that to me also, we'll figure it out...

Hey Greg how's it going ??

im sorry, i still dont have my truck around.. hopefully by the end of the week.. thank you

Back