Performance Mods Recommendations?

gulfcoastkustom

Hey guys, once again I am relying on some feedback on how to proceed with my truck. I have a 2000 QCSB 24v 6 spd manual with a p pump (not sure what hp the pump is though). Other than the pump, I have a MBRP 4" high flow exhaust and a 4KGSK. Everything else is bone stock including the timing.
What do you all recommend to start with for the best performance gains for the buck (injectors, intake, timing, fuel pump...)???

Also, may be the dumb question of the day but is there any way to calibrate the overhead computer to read MPG accurately with the p pump swap? My truck is saying it is getting 25.2 mpg right now and there's no way it accurate obviously.

Thanks in advance!

How far do you want to go and what supporting mods do you have? It will all depend on that. You have guys on here with everything from a stock turbo to 100mm+ primary twin setups making over 1000 horse.

If you want to keep it budget friendly and relatively stock as a DD I would toss a s363 on it with some 7x10 injectors and time it in the low 20s.

How far do you want to go and what supporting mods do you have? It will all depend on that. You have guys on here with everything from a stock turbo to 100mm+ primary twin setups making over 1000 horse.

If you want to keep it budget friendly and relatively stock as a DD I would toss a s363 on it with some 7x10 injectors and time it in the low 20s.

Well, I don't have any mods to speak of. End goal is to keep it as a daily driver and make 400-450 hp.

Well, I don't have any mods to speak of. End goal is to keep it as a daily driver and make 400-450 hp.

There are more 400-450 build threads on google than google can count. They are all differing in opinions. Get an he351CW off of a common rail. Drill out the wastegate to 1" and put a spring gate on it. Get some mild sticks and be happy.

Injectors, turbo and you are there. You can make 500 on a stock turbo, but it will hate life.

It sort of depends on which pump you have, but I made 449rwhp with basic mods and a 160hp pump (the most lowly) with my 95, and that was just with a 57mm turbo. A lift pump with higher pressures, injectors (5x12-5x16), timing, and 024 dv's would be my next step.

Injectors, turbo and you are there. You can make 500 on a stock turbo, but it will hate life.

Maybe crank.
If you have a 180 pump, you'll have enough fuel with the stock injectors to pull down 400rwhp+ which is about what the turbo will take. Any more and your drive pressure goes through the roof and not only will you start taking the life out of your turbo, but you're head will probably develop cracks.

Do all the free ppump stuff (rack plug, afc mods, timing to 21+deg, rack barrels), maybe have the pump balanced, and you'll be in half way decent shape. You'll see by the smoke that you're turbo can't keep up even at 45psi. Make sure you get head studs, valve springs, and beefier retainers and keepers.

Might want to upgrade that clutch and the hydraulics too.

If you want 450rwhp and a fun setup, look into getting a 57mm billet charger. Not the fastest, but should feel a lot stronger than stock and be fun.

someone made 5xx with an hx35... B18 so and so? or was it another guy

Turbomatt broke into the 12's on a hx35... but a s300g or he351 would do want you want easier. Slightly bigger injectors

Maybe crank.
If you have a 180 pump, you'll have enough fuel with the stock injectors to pull down 400rwhp+ which is about what the turbo will take. Any more and your drive pressure goes through the roof and not only will you start taking the life out of your turbo, but you're head will probably develop cracks.

Do all the free ppump stuff (rack plug, afc mods, timing to 21+deg, rack barrels), maybe have the pump balanced, and you'll be in half way decent shape. You'll see by the smoke that you're turbo can't keep up even at 45psi. Make sure you get head studs, valve springs, and beefier retainers and keepers.

Might want to upgrade that clutch and the hydraulics too.

If you want 450rwhp and a fun setup, look into getting a 57mm billet charger. Not the fastest, but should feel a lot stronger than stock and be fun.

your* ;-)

12's on an HX35 most likely had to do with great conditions and a light truck. It wasnt a 4wd truck was it? If so, I'm very very impressed and surprised.

your* ;-)

12's on an HX35 most likely had to do with great conditions and a light truck. It wasnt a 4wd truck was it? If so, I'm very very impressed and surprised.

2wd sclb there is a thread here about it. Jeff garmon helped matt with it back then. I believe by weight and trap speed it was in the 450-500 range.

Back