Personal Best 13.14ET and 112.05MPH

LaserBob

I took my 06 2wd MegaCab to Douglas, Wy. on Sat, June 1-2013. It was a diesel only drag race. Very small turnout but that was good for me.

My truck weighs 7280# with me in it at the track. I got it to 13.14 ET and fastest pass of 112.05 MPH.

I had lots of help getting things to this spot.

EFI Live tuning by Zach at Starlite Diesel.
MPI twins by Nathan.
PPE dual fuelers with an Arson III kit on the dodge pump.
F-1 Diesel 90 HP injectors by Don M.
Goerend Transmission built by me.
ARP headstuds.
GAM Racing Engines valve springs.
Fuelabs Velocity 200 lift pump system.
I am sure there are some things I forgot.
Lots of gauges to see what is happening and not enough time to watch them.

I lost my eliminations by my own hand. I am just a play racer.
I did, however, win the quickest ET of the day plaque and had the fastest speed of the day, I think. I am pretty proud of Whitey.

I see better numbers coming this summer.

IMG_1773.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2wd heavy truck. 60' times were slow............They ranged from 2.57 to a best of 2.29

I need more tire and a better track. They admitted they were doing nothing to the track. I am not complaining.

I know there is more in it. I have Caltracs and don't know if they are set right. I had fun!

Get those 60's down and you could be in the low 12's

^This.

Very impressive trap speed. Some dialing in at the line will get you deep into 12's

bottom hole and from 3/8 to 1/2" air gap on the cal tracks for foot brake..
better tires are what you are def missing.. good trap sp tho showing your hp..

bottom hole and from 3/8 to 1/2" air gap on the cal tracks for foot brake..
better tires are what you are def missing.. good trap sp tho showing your hp..

That is pretty close to where they are set. I am running M&H DOT Drag radials. P275/50R17 at 20psi. They were the only thing I could find last season for the stock wheel.

Thanks for the comments. All will be considered.
$.02

Like everyone said...nice mph, bet it felt good on the big end. Drag radials don't like unprepped tracks much, it'll hook worse than the street.

I like the trap speed. Like others have commented, you get it to hook up you're deep into the 12s. 2wd is always hard in a daily driver / work truck though... can only take suspension mods so far blah blah blah. Finding a different wheel to slap a fat street slick on might be enough to get you what you need - and with a prepped track, that can take .5 second just off your 60 foot pretty easy...

I have mt 275/60/15 on the half ton and they seem to grip best at around 18psi. Im going to 31/13.50/15 hoosiers as soon as these are done (prolly two more trips). I know they make those in a 16" wheel that should fit your 3rd gen and will get the job done. The 275's are only 9.5 inches wide and 28 tall.. the others are 12" of contact and 31" tall.
Much more grip.
Also have you ever dyno'd your truck.. by the numbers at 7300lbs and 112.5 you made 705hp to do that, at 13.14 you made 526.. your a ways off..

How many trucks made it to the race? I was on my way but the head gasket blew about the time I was getting on interstate 25. Was hoping with the cool air & tail wind I could get a high 12 lol.

I like the trap speed. Like others have commented, you get it to hook up you're deep into the 12s. 2wd is always hard in a daily driver / work truck though... can only take suspension mods so far blah blah blah. Finding a different wheel to slap a fat street slick on might be enough to get you what you need - and with a prepped track, that can take .5 second just off your 60 foot pretty easy...

Thanks, Zach. You had a great input on the way this truck performs. I love the feel of it pulling once it gets moving. You rock buddy! Sorry I was too lost to get some logs. There is next weekend. :pro:

As for how it is pulling at the top end, one of my losses in eliminations was against a 17.4 dial in truck, he had me and hit the brakes at he end. I went through the traps at 111+ and he was 62+ that was a swoosh.

I work for Chesapeake on an oil rig north of Douglas, we'll have to do lunch sometime.... great run btw!!

Sent from phone

The turn down tip and bug deflector help the sleeper status a lot. The stickers not so much.

Back