Phat Shaft 62/190's?

Domi

I am considering running the Industrial Injections Phat Shaft 62 with 190’s. If anyone has run this would you please chime in and let me know your thought. My truck is used as a daily driver, towing an 8500-pound boat and needs to remain reliable.

I would recommend Industrial Injections 62/70 turbo for you application. I am running one as my high pressure charger and they are a wicked little turbo. Quick spooling and they flow a lot more air than the stock charger. You will not regret going with this turbo and they have a bolt-on kit for the 6.0 liter that bolts up in the stock location.

Tyler

Fass

Can you get away with a pusher pump to help the stock pump?

Fass

The problem I have is my truck has 2 fuel tanks. The factory tank and a bed mounted tank. Don't want to open both tanks up to put larger fuel lines.

i'd be leary about running 190's and using your truck for frequent heavy towing... but since you are going to be ditching the VGT unit, then you may be okay, but the EGT's are gonna be higher than usual.
i'd get something with a .68A/R housing on the turbine side for quick spool up, i've got the .85 and towing is out of the question

I dont know why everyone say that about towing with 190's..I tow ALL THE TIME with 190's and a stock turbo..it does just fine..

this is pretty heavy correct?

Heavy1.jpg

I dont know why everyone say that about towing with 190's..I tow ALL THE TIME with 190's and a stock turbo..it does just fine..

I agree. My truck tows weekly. I have towed 25,000lbs dozens of times with my current setup and can keep egt's below 1200. Now they can definitely get above 1200 if one is not watching.

I agree. My truck tows weekly. I have towed 25,000lbs dozens of times with my current setup and can keep egt's below 1200. Now they can definitely get above 1200 if one is not watching.

very true! But it is 100% doable!!!:Cheer:

NCR

So you are running the 190's with only DJ fuel + with no lack of pressure?

My boat is 14,700 on the trailer and I towed it with 225's and a VGT-SS. With a John Wood street tune no less. It didn't really get that hot until passing or hard runs. H*ll on the trans though. Took 2 days to get the soot off the boat.

Back