Pic wanted...timing pin

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Got my pump off my truck and want to pin it before i put it back on the truck. The pin setting is at 23 degrees. I pulled the pump off the truck at TDC and didnt move the shaft on the pump at all. I pull the plug with the timing pin and looked inside and didnt see anything where the pin would fit or go into. Does anyone have a picture of what am I suppose to be able to see when I look into the hole?

The pin should be in there still, you just flip it around and put it back in.

Get a mirror, flashlight and a friend. Have the friend turn the engine over while you look in the hole. You should see a flat arm coming off the shaft. Get that centered in the hole for the plastic pin to engage it.

Looks like the tip of a flat screwdriver inside the pump. The plastic piece in the nut has two sides. Like they said pull it out and flip it over.

I know how the pin goes in and out and what not just not sure what to look for inside the pump as to know when it is "pinned"

I know how the pin goes in and out and what not just not sure what to look for inside the pump as to know when it is "pinned"

Looks like the tip of a flat screwdriver. It is horizontal, will be in the center of the window

Jesse, looks like th pin would be on the front of the camshaft on the low left side correct?

IMG_2588-1.jpg

Back