pics

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's about all I can say about that.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/imelmo/hit%20truck/

It's gonna take some real luck to make Houston now, not to mention other awesome opportunities I'm having to give up now.

I was stopped in a construction zone on I-10 and she just plowed into the back of me at highway speeds.

If her insurance company tries to pull anything at all, they're gonna be in a world of hurt. :mad:

Hopefully nobody was hurt!
That sucks about your truck, but some well spent insurance money could make your truck better in the long run

DUDE, THAT SUCKS!
Sorry to hear about that Danny, You okay?

Sorry to hear bout this. Thankfully this is one where you didnt get hurt!

Dalpilot said:
Ouch Danny, that sucks, bet the back feels nice too.

Believe it or not, I feel fine. Not sure how consideing how hard she hit me; only thing I can think of is that I sit real close to the steering wheel for my size so my back is always sort of pressed up against the seat.

Not sure how the girl that hit me's doing. They took her away in an ambulance, but she was talking and moving around and all before that. Don't know if she was faking or something or not; can't really tell these days. I'm pretty sure it knocked her out at first though. I thought she was trying to leave the scene at first and got out the truck to run after her :p , but she was just free-wheeling and rode into the median. Like I said, when I chacked on her she seemed fine other than being a little hysterical.

I think she thought I was just someone trying to help at first 'cause she said, "that guy just slammed on his brakes!":bs: I said, "No, the traffic was stopped." She didn't say anything after that. Trooper gave her careless operation.

Is the damage to your truck just sheet metal, plastic, etc. or are there some frame issues?

Man that stinks... I hope all works out for you...Gaud I bet it messed her Car up..

There seems to be a slight bend in the frame on the driver's side that's well behind the rear axle. It still drives straight. You can kind of see it in the pics.

Man that Frame is messed up. I don't know if it can be pulled out?? the way that the hitch rolled under like it did would have required a hard hit.. what kinda car was she driving?

Hopefully everyone involved is ok. I'm sorry that happened to your truck! I love that truck!

Ben

DAAAAAYYYYUUUMMM! Elmo... I have no idea how one could miss a bright orange pimped out stacked truck like yours. Judgin by the damage to your ride, I bet you rung her bell good.

Screeeetch!! (tires)
SMACK! (The hit)
Bong! (That was her bell gettin rung)
DAMN! (you)
Whats My Name? (her)
Oh crap, he gonna back up ova me! (her)
Cloppaty bangga banga. Raspberry sound. (her car trying to drive again)
COME BACK HERE HOOKER!! (you chasing after her)
Sir...Whats my name? (her again)
Maybe I wont beat her to death. (your heart fills with sympathy)
(turns to look at truck)
ROLL DOWN THAT WINDOW SO I CAN STRANGLE YOU, YOU EMPTY HEADED HARLOT! (you)
Sirens in the distance...
I'm picturing the chick from the drunken accident in 40yo vgn!

How'd I do? LOL

Hopefully you can get your pumpkin chariot back together before the "ball."
Good luck bro. Hope to see you there.

wideopen said:
Man that Frame is messed up. I don't know if it can be pulled out?? the way that the hitch rolled under like it did would have required a hard hit.. what kinda car was she driving?

Yeah, well her insurance company's gonna have a big problem if they try and total it because I have every reciept for every single thing on that truck.

She was driving an Explorer; I was stopped and she hit me basically at highway speed. It was a huge impact; she's lucky she had an airbag in that thing.

I bet that's one chick who will pay more attention to the road from now on....once she gets out of the hospital :(

I'm glad no one was kilt or maimed, and I'm really sorry about your truck, hope you get a painless settlement from the insurance company.

To bad you are not closer I could fix that frame for you so you can make Houston:woohoo: :woohoo:

Houston is the least of his worries..he had something special in the works in the next week or so.
I hate to hear it Danny...I know you were looking forward to the other deal.
What was that ? Less than 300 miles on the new trans ?

From y'all to home. Then made three passes at the track to see if everything was working properly. Got wacked that night.:eek:wned:

Keep us updated on what happens, I really like the way your truck is setup, even if it is a Ford :poke: LOL LOL

Bummer! I'd just assume she was so mesmerized by your truck that she didn't realize it was approaching it so rapidly. It sounds good at least, huh? If I remember right, you were out at TruckFest in CO in July and I almost just walked into your truck looking at it...
Good luck with repairs

Back