Piston options

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
What piston options are out there with the larger CR bowl for a high HP application. It's a drag truck but I still drive it once in a while. Car shows, cruises, and even work on nice days, so I don't want a piston I can only get 3000 miles out of.

Are monotherms the only option? I've been talking to a few people about Ross's new pistons but I'm still unsure. Is there any other options?

Thanks for the help, John

I ran Ross's pistons all last year for 61 hooks, and they would have worked for this year as well but I dropped a valve. I turn regularly between 5000-6000 rpms every hook. So Ross pistons can definitely handle your power and longevity.

wow 5 to 6000 rpm down the track u must have the baddest 2.6 truck on the planet or the slowwest geared 2.6 truck cause im pretty sure all of us top running trucks carry about 4500 down the track

wow u got the baddest 2.6 truck on the planet then considering we run them same gears and tires u do and everyones turning 4500 tops..u should be kickin our a$$ with 1000 more rpm then all of us

I do kick your a$$. Lol

U kick my ass so bad we never got on a powertrack where my chassis worked...last i checked i was neck and neck w haisleys trucks every week and they kicked ur a$$ on ur turf...

So, have we figured out who has the biggest weenie yet?? :hehe:

So Ross pistons can definitely handle your power and longevity.

What's funny is you don't understand why a forged piston won't last in a street driven application, yet you still recommend them. Have your dad write a check to the Get a Clue Foundation for you, best money he will ever spend.

What's funny is you don't understand why a forged piston won't last in a street driven application, yet you still recommend them. Have your dad write a check to the Get a Clue Foundation for you, best money he will ever spend.

Ouch. Well why don't you explain kind sir

Do u even own a pulling truck? Its just retarded when someone claims there runnin 1000 more rpm then every other 2.6 truck...air is the limiting factor w rpms down the track

I heard he straps a shop fan to the intake... And no I don't own a puller but I had to comment on this to watch :D

I'm no longer allowed to have a signater becuase I canot spel on tappertalk.

Back