Piston Question *URGENT*

DieselDiva

Pure Diesel Power
We put the new Mahle pistons in the tow rig and I think we got the wrong part.
The markings on the pistons are 2861101 17/1, 102.38 and SPO.12.

Anyone know what compression these are? We can't get ahold of the vendor we bought them from. Grrr...

Here's a picture:

12-14-07_1407.jpg

Sorry about the crappy camera phone pic.

I cant help you with numbers...but I need a couple or all new ones of those!!! shiny is good!! haha

travis

from the number you listed it looks like 17:1 buuuut that number might have nothing to do with it.

can you shoot me a PM with where you got them....I need 2 pistons anyway...but if the deal is right I'll do all 6.

Thanks,
Travis

looks like the standard 17:1 piston. I just looked at my 155's and the bowl shape is quite different, head is back on it now, but there may be some numbers on the box. You or Garrett give me a call if you need anything, my numbers in your inbox.

SuperSonic said:
looks like the standard 17:1 piston. I just looked at my 155's and the bowl shape is quite different, head is back on it now, but there may be some numbers on the box. You or Garrett give me a call if you need anything, my numbers in your inbox.

Thanks for replying Chris, I appreciate it. Talked to Van and they aren't an exact stock piston, said compression is between 16 & 16.5.

I never saw the pistons as they were shipped right to the machine shop to be balanced and installed, I was a little worried as I picked it up and figured we might have gotten 155's instead.. I forgot to bring the stock pistons back so I didn't have anything to compare them to.

Sounds like they should work OK even in the cold weather, it just might haze a bit more until more heat is built in the engine.

Bobcat698 said:
Sounds like they should work OK even in the cold weather, it just might haze a bit more until more heat is built in the engine.

They are going to haze no matter what the are temp is and will black smoke on acceleration until you get about 5 psi of boost. Just my experience with that type of piston.

Back