Please check this out.

GENESIS01

Learning as I Go
'01 Cummins with 319783 on the ODO Mostly stock, with upgraded turbo and a Smarty programmer.

So I am pretty sure this is the A.P.P.S. sensor, but I wanted to re-confirm that before I went any further.

For awhile especially on cold mornings, the truck would almost sputter through first and second gears. Not like exhaust sputter, but more so a delay between the coordination of the acceleration to where the pedal was. If I gradually pressed the pedal down, it would feel like nothing was happening then all of a sudden the engine would jump and start accelerating again.

I uploaded a smarty and you could drastically tell a difference; in a bad way. Wide open throttle was like a few inches down depending on the load on the engine. In other words if I floored it it was basically still a stock truck, but when I gradually lift the pedal off the floor, on it's way up it would just literally take off and throw some awesome smoke.

Then as of last night it got really unsafe. When I came to a complete stop in gear, the engine would automatically load itself up, to the point where at was supposed to be idle, it was bellowing out smoke and if I shifted into neutral it would give a brief, but very noticeable rev, and when I go to shift back into drive it puts so much of a load on that the truck will shut off.

Check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIywGSCzpbI

Try calibrating and resetting the apps first.

The slight pedal lift and feeling more power is just a Smarty syndrome.

But the video was completely stock. I removed the smarty and set the truck to stock when I shot this video.

Back