PLEASE help!!!! Looking for a shop in Palm Springs area!!!

Hoss

A good friend of mine Faye is in Palm Deset (about 10 miles east of Palm Springs) and her truck is broke down. She basically lost power and took it to a shop there and was told she had a P1693 code.
P1693 (M) DTC Detected in Companion Module A fault has been generated in the companion engine
control module.

They told her this code meant her injection pump was bad and she needed to replace it as well as her fuel delivery system. She has a fuel pressure gauge and she has good fuel pressure 15lbs with a stock lift pump. She never lost pressure and the truck idles fine no smoke ect..... it just has low power. They said the P1693 was the only code it had. The worst part is they wanted $3,500.00 to do the work and after she told them she had good fuel pressure they said ok it will be $2,500.00 to replace the VP44
I need to find a GOOD shop in the area for her to take the truck and find out what is really wrong and not screw her over. She is a 72 year old lady from Washington and they saw her coming

If ANYONE knows of a diesel shop in the area please let me know.

I only know of some shops that are in the Los Angeles area, and I don't know them well, only by name.... if you want those, I guess let me know, but that's a ways from Palm Springs.

i dont know of anybody out that far. best i can do is people in orange county.

Garret

There's Diesel Tech in Hemet. That's within an hour of Palm Springs. Good luck!

Owner's name is Lauren, one of our members here BilletGarage says he's a good guy. BilletGarage (Anthony) and Laruen are both members of the SoCaps club, Southern California Power Strokes. He should be able to help her out and not screw her over like them.

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes. Hope she gets some good help.

Back