please help me...

jailhouse_bubba

here is my delema
i have a 2001 f 250 pstroke 7.3 lariat 4x4 auto trans...
i want to put some money into her but dont know what to get...what to do... and how to do it...

im thinking garrett ball bearing turbo but what size? what am i in for while installing it?

ive heard the cab has to come off... if so what can i do without removing the cab?

also thining a propane injection kit.

getting my tranny rebuilt for a little bit of towing

also thining about getting a tony wildman 6 position chip...

also a new body for the bed...and painting her flat black.

i have about 8 g's to play with. someone please help me do what i can to my baby girl.....

are you wanting to use it to tow or just more of a hot rode, if towing is in the picture what and how offen

hotrod/tow...

sounds funky i know but i hotrod anything and everything from tow motors to tri axles...

but i would also tow a trailer maybe 5-6 times a month...and would like to do well against a sled here in local stuff

here is my delema
i have a 2001 f 250 pstroke 7.3 lariat 4x4 auto trans...
i want to put some money into her but dont know what to get...what to do... and how to do it...

im thinking garrett ball bearing turbo but what size? what am i in for while installing it? For towing and better performance get a garret 38r.

ive heard the cab has to come off... if so what can i do without removing the cab? Yes - the cab doesn't have to come off. Depending on what all you do at the same time, the cab coming off helps with speed and lessens body aches.

also thining a propane injection kit. Don't!

getting my tranny rebuilt for a little bit of towing I have a fully built tranny for sale if your interested.
also thining about getting a tony wildman 6 position chip...Good choice!

also a new body for the bed...and painting her flat black. whatever floats the boat...

i have about 8 g's to play with. someone please help me do what i can to my baby girl.....
If it were me - I would tell the dodge bozos to pound sand...

38R - $2,000
My fully built transmission - $3,500
Wildman Chip - $475
DIY Injectors - $1,000

~$1,125 for your bed and paint...

Sam

All that money in a powerjoke and u still wont be close to a Dodge.
I have been there man, I put over ten grand into my 7.3 liter and it was good, but nothing like my 24 valve is, and I havent spent nearly as much money.

It is true the dodge's make more power for cheaper (I have a 24V for sale if your interested)... But if there is nothing wrong with our engine and you aren't looking for all out performance - I would make the minor modifications to your truck and call it good.

Sam

you dont have to take the cab off to replace the turbo, i just did one on a 99 it wasnt too bad, i would upgrade ur hpop too if ur goin with injectors, and a diesel site fuel system very nice system i just installed one, i say build your psd.

I guess I should have said- I was thinking hybrids that would be fine with the stock 17 degree HPOP.

Sam

First off before you get wild, I would check to see if you have PMRs (powder metal rods). Playin with fire if you do and you start makin close to 400hp. They can be lived with proper tuning. If i was in your spot it would be. A GT38r. The cab does not have to be pulled to install a turbo. If i was gonna buy injectors. Def. go with some hybrids. 238cc with 80 or 100% nozzles. If your HPOP is in good condition, it will support it, and they are the easiest on it. This also gives you room to grow down the road. Should be able to make 500hp on em. And get good tuning. Beans, Swamps, Gearhead and Powerhungry Performance, would be my suggestions. All are great. And if your tranny is in good shape, a good converter and valve body will buy you some time. But yes that would need built too.

ok i might sound stupid ...
lol any question that starts out like that usualy is a good one...
how can/do i tell if i have pmrs?

Bubba's just looking for a little more power, GT38r is a little over budget at the 2k range. Can someone suggest another garrett or even holset turbo that will work well with a 500hp PS? I'll take care of the turbo adapter (if needed) and plumbing, no problem.

And we're in Ohio, RDP for the tranny? He needs a tranny and rear end regardless... I'm trying to help him stay within budget because he's going to need a little body work, and probably a whole new bed...$$$

MC

Bubba's just looking for a little more power, GT38r is a little over budget at the 2k range. Can someone suggest another garrett or even holset turbo that will work well with a 500hp PS? I'll take care of the turbo adapter (if needed) and plumbing, no problem.

And we're in Ohio, RDP for the tranny? He needs a tranny and rear end regardless... I'm trying to help him stay within budget because he's going to need a little body work, and probably a whole new bed...$$$

MC

The 38R can be had for around $1600.

If your looking to mount a holset turbo, your gonna have to build something similar to a Hypermax kit.

Hypermax - Product Display

That will allow you to upgrade to pretty much any turbo you could want in the future.

On the tranny, John Wood is a good one. John Wood Automotive - Home

Also Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Back