Please Help!

typhoonmike509

I just installed the gauges I bought my dad for christmas on his 99 2500, now lift pump will not turn on with the key so can bleed the isolater, its the three gauge kit from Vulcan, I used the 1/8" fitting on top of filter housing clean side.

Have you tried bumping the starter? IIRC the lift pump won't run if you are cutting the key on/off numerous times in a row.

yup....after the first key on you will need to bump the starter to fun the L/P

Yep I started it after it wouldn't prime the first time and it ran for about 10 seconds and died now the only time the lift pump runs is when I try starting it, I can hear run even after shutting the key off which I never noticed before.

I also loosened the banjo bolt from the pump to filter housing and not getting fuel when the pump runs truck has just under half tank of fuel

How old is the lift pump and is it still mounted to the engine? It sounds like you have a bad one :(

Truck has 140k on it i believe its the original, has the open ring terminal connections on the bottom. Going to order the Vulcan relocation kit and Carter 4601hp from Summit to replace it with, unless anyone can recommend a better value have to go cheap route for now. It has S&B cold air, Flo-Pro 4" dp w/ 5" exhaust, and Edge Comp. Thanks for the help guys

I've got a carter 4601, relocation bracket, wiring extension, fittings,.. sitting in the garage. Its not a complete kit, but you said cheap =P

Alright this thing is starting piss me off, put big line kit and 4601hp on now it won't get above 5psi idle, wot pulls it down to 0psi but i can't seem to get all the air bubbles bled out of the gauge line. Did I get a bad pump or should I just buy an electric gauge, hate these mechanical pita's.

Until you get the air out of the line you will not get an accurate reading, try taking it out of the truck and hooking it all up with the gauge sitting on the cowl panel. Bleed it there where you can make a good mess and take a test drive to check pressures. Once you know you have good pressure fight with the gauge.

I got it, the 4601 was bad, bought the campaign pump installed it and 12psi at idle, havn't bled the gauge yet so will work on that next. What is the best way to get the air out of that tubing? I have the syringe kit that came with the gauges but it spits back out at me when i try to fill it.

Back