Pmrs Or not?

01Rusty

I'm trying to check my truck for Pmrs. What tool removes the access plug above the oil filter and where can I get it? A 1/4 drive is too small and a 3/8 is too big. Is there a special tool to get from Ford or anything else that will work? Truck has 240,000 miles so I'm guessing it is gonna be tough to break loose. Any help would be appreciated.

It's an 01. What tool do u use? I figured it was a 5/16 but a 5/16 ratchet or extension or male tool isn't an everyday use tool is it? I couldn't find anything at advanced, oreilys, or pep boys.

I got a set of male sockets from Northern Tool for this specific reason. Just never got around to checking it.

It's an 01. What tool do u use? I figured it was a 5/16 but a 5/16 ratchet or extension or male tool isn't an everyday use tool is it? I couldn't find anything at advanced, oreilys, or pep boys.

I took a cheap 3/8ths extension and ground it down to fit

Thanks. I'll try northern. If they don't have it grinding it will be. Don't know why I didn't think about it.

not for this gentlemans truck , but im getting ready to do a build for a guy with an 01 7.3, and it has a build date of 04-01. That being a mid to late 01 this truck would more than likely have the PMRS correct?

I want to say the cut-off build date with forged rods was October 2001 but I'm not 100% on that.

So my 2001 truck that has a build date of 09/00 and a engine build date of 06/00 has a good chance at having forged rods?

That might change my plans a little. :ft:

So my 2001 truck that has a build date of 09/00 and a engine build date of 06/00 has a good chance at having forged rods?

I wouldnt sleep well on "might", I've windowed a block, not fun.

Confirmed yesterday I have PMRs. Will a GQSSB turbo be too much for them with the setup I have now? stage II 80 HP split shots, AFE intake, and edge juice stacked with Superchip. I would be getting custom tunes when I got the turbo. I still need something to cool my EGTs and of course I still have room for more power since I dyno'ed at only 330HP.

Confirmed yesterday I have PMRs. Will a GQSSB turbo be too much for them with the setup I have now? stage II 80 HP split shots, AFE intake, and edge juice stacked with Superchip. I would be getting custom tunes when I got the turbo. I still need something to cool my EGTs and of course I still have room for more power since I dyno'ed at only 330HP.

seams with good tunes pmr's are living alot longer then their sub 400hp breaking point used to be, 6.0's run pmrs and you almost never hear of them windoing blocks at 450hp

stacking chips does nothing on a powerstroke. yank both them pos's off and get a good custom tuned chip

Correct, but it's fairly easy to make sure. So unless you can afford another engine easily I'd either check and make sure or proceed as though you have pmr's.

You can bust 'em at 350rwhp. Really just a crap shoot. If you can't afford another motor, i wouldn't chance it. Just get with a custom tuner and run what they recommend for you. Or spend $1900 for forged rods and installation instead of on the turbo. That's what I'd do personally.

So I can get forged rods installed for $1900? I thought I read somewhere that machining had to be done. Or is that just with the beefier rods like Cromers? Does anyone know any good Powersroke mechanics that work with high performance Powerstrokes near SC? When I say near I mean I will travel a couple hundred miles.

Back