POD injectors are in

smokinVE

$$+VE=NO HP
TeamVE - YouTube

Any hoot, anyone got one of those compushift units? That run was basically a 727, I didn’t lockup or hit 4th, I’m getting old and tired of reaching for toggles. Another thought was to use the cruise switches for lockup and 4th, anyone done such hillbilly things?

Also running into traction issues, simple thing is caltracks ? Truck is a D350

Thanks.

Lites a 63/68 charger like a hx35.
Jose knows how to build some cool chit, guessing it has something to do with the wheel design but all I actually know is that I works, one day I’ll get more than a 30 psi gauge and see what it’s actually doing. :))
That VE is gonna hurt some feelings.
Meh, just an old heffer that limps along. It’s an old mans truck, thinking I’ll toss some aluminum running boards on it and maybe a muffler or 3 and go hunt down some Honda’s.

How do we like it?? I don’t “track”, just a daily driver.
While I've had it installed over a year, I broke the engine tuning the MINI for an upcoming dyno session shortly after installing it. In that time, HGM did a LOT of expansion/refinement to the variables one can adjust.
Frankly, I'm just grasping how to best set the thing. It appears one can perhaps come up with a "file" for regular street driving as well as for the track (as examples).
All done via Bluetooth from your phone. NO climbing under the truck to tweak pressure-switch settings. Such apparently includes adjustments on the fly.

It's friggin rained/sleeted/snowed since getting the heap back on the road so, I'm still short on it's proper setting for my mess.

I like it.

This is the Dashboard display:
Compushift-dashboard-at-60mph_zpsykfvsh1r.jpg

NICE! Using the existing TPS or did you opt for theirs? I’ve read a few guys were having issues using the factory TPS.

Thanks

NICE! Using the existing TPS or did you opt for theirs? I’ve read a few guys were having issues using the factory TPS.

Thanks
I use the existing TPS. I had to cut the factory wiring to it free as it's been my experience that the MINI is funny about piggy-backing with other systems/circuits.

With the MINI, calibrating the TPS is as simple as pressing the calibration Start button and, over the span of five seconds, smoothly press the throttle to WOT. The MINI and TPS are now calibrated.

Very old Giles 12mm build, I’ve had this thing for 10 years or so. Tried to put my 14mm pump on it but the governor is stuck or something, I need to send it back to Giles and see what’s up.

I was curious if you had the 14 on....what charger? Very similar build to what I have going on with Weston’s 5x16s

Forced inductions 11 blade 63/68/14 duel gated “tall” T3, steed manifold, old build set of westons 5x0.016” that have his magic, flowed to something bigger and cone angle narrowed to 138*. Piston lift pump, timing jumped a tooth and “half way to the head”, 47rh with a billit input, single disk and all the normal stuff done to 47’s. Giles magic on the pump for years past. That’s about it, 304,xxx tractor motor and a heavy right foot ;-))

I tried to toss the 14 on and something is stuck in the governor, it was stuck at full fuel and I was all but getting raw diesel out of the tailpipe cranking it. Called Giles and he said send it back and Hell get her fixed up, but after driving this with a good automatic I worry the 14 will be way way too much to daily drive. I gave my single cab to my son for his 14th birthday so I’ll have to find another square body to put the 14 on..... one day I may just make the mighty VE proud :))

I was curious if you had the 14 on....what charger? Very similar build to what I have going on with Weston’s 5x16s

Back