Pogramer not working

Duramax3000

I have a PPE hot +2 ET on my truck. When I plug it in it will go to the turn key to run and do not start screen.. When I do that if won't go any farther. I have tryed pullin the fuses it tells me to pull out and make sure everything is turned off when I do it. So is it my programer or the truck??

Did you buy it new or used? It might be vin locked if its an used unit. Did you have any other programer on the truck previously? If it was not un-installed by you or the previous owner (if there was one) The PPE will not work. If you have anything, like a remote starter that utilizes the purple wire on you OBD port the PPE will not comunicate with the trucks ECM. Some times when a truck goes into the dealer for warranty work the dealer reflashes them, which inturn, the Programer will have to go back to PPE to be updated to read the latest re-flash. There are alot of possible problems, so like previously stated contact PPE (Ask for Dan) and they will help you get it figured out.

I bought it new it worked great for about the first year and a half I had it.. I just wanted to make sure it was infact the programer and not my truck before I payed shippin to send it out there.

I bought it new it worked great for about the first year and a half I had it.. I just wanted to make sure it was infact the programer and not my truck before I payed shippin to send it out there.

Did you have a remote starter or aftermarket sound system installed recently?

No remote start.. I have a in dash DVD player but i had it in there about a year before the programer quit workin.

Back