Ponci Diesel Drags and Dyno - September 7th & 8th

The wife, little guy, myself, and two others. 4 total.

Truck won't be ready, maybe I can sneak the maxima in on some bracket action.
We will be there reguardless.

My favorite weekend of the year....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Leaving the house now! If anyone needs anything car trunk sized transported between sutter/yuba city area and Fortuna, let me know.

Wish I was making this one. Always looks like fun.
I was told once if you went threw the shut down area, you could swim with the sharks in Humboldt Bay
Good luck every one!

Wish I was making this one. Always looks like fun.
I was told once if you went threw the shut down area, you could swim with the sharks in Humboldt Bay
Good luck every one!

It is too bad you can't Brad it is probably the most relaxing drag race event ever.

just got back to the motel after hanging out at the shop for a couple of beers and a sammich or two, looking forward to some good racing tomorrow.

It is great seeing both new faces and old ones as well.

The Ponci family and crew make this an event you don't want to miss.

20130906_215158.mp4 - YouTube

This should sum up the conlcusion of my evening. Cleaned air filter changes the fuel filter and oil and started it up drove to dump the oil then started it up to go to eat and holy k nocking and white smoke batman. Just freaking lovely.

Well it was an amazing weekend of Racing, dynoing, and most importantly Great people! I was lucky enough to make my fastest pass to date -If anyone has videos or pictures of my truck, I would really appreciate seeing them.

I can't say enough Thank You's to the Ponci family for all the hard work that goes into this weekend. It was great to see all my favorite Americans!! Can't wait for next year already.

Ashley Alstad

I can't say enough Thank You's to the Ponci family for all the hard work that goes into this weekend. Can't wait for next year already.

Ashley Alstad

Well put. The wife and I had a great time.

Devon thanks for letting the little man sit in your race truck, I'm sure he was a little confused by the layout (not too similar to his dad's) lol. But he enjoyed it none the less.

Next year guys.

20130906_215158.mp4 - YouTube

This should sum up the conlcusion of my evening. Cleaned air filter changes the fuel filter and oil and started it up drove to dump the oil then started it up to go to eat and holy k nocking and white smoke batman. Just freaking lovely.

crap. There was definitely some breakage this weekend. Triple threat, Lenny,Danielle, Kim's 1st gen and now you! Wtf!? Its usually some old ass ford spewing but some really nice rigs had quite a time out there....
good luck on getting back together. Kudos on the Blair witch footage!:beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

what a great event, had loads of fun............ even though we had to cut it short due to some motor issues. we don't think its as bad as we initially thought, as I got it to start today and found the source of all the oil coming out. looks like something broke behind the flexplate and its pouring oil out from there. could be just he rear main seal or an actual cracked adapter plate. either way the motor still runs.......... so it will be fixed soon. :)

here are a couple videos from the go pro, Russ hooked it on different corners of the car for a few runs. it was really sketchy, had a hard time getting down the track but it sure was fun.

duramax chevelle, Samoa dragstrip 9.91@141 - YouTube

Duramax Chevelle, Poncis Diesel Drags 2013 - YouTube

Always a blast as long as you can remember what happened the night before. Whoever brought those mason jars should not be invited back. It had to have been the contents that made me sick. Anyways here is a picture of the board from the dyno runs. I would like to congratulate Brad for making it into the 500hp club with a VE pump. A 12mm pump at that. Thats pretty awesome he now joins a pretty elite group of folks.

daruquqe.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to all who showed up to support us. Big thanks to the Jefferson state crew for the dyno! Thanks to all who helped out to make this event even better than last year. Big party with lots of flip cup, arm wrestling, beer, captain, margaritas, brats, tri-tip, chicken and all the other fix'ins. I know some people want to know how bad my daughters truck is after the 2nd dyno pull. As bad as the damage is it must of been slowly going on little by little all day at the track. All the other cylinders look perfect. Her best at the track was a 11.92 @112.2mph. So I figured the number she pulled was ok for 5 to 5 1/2 cylinders. It will clean up and be back up and running soon. Heres the pics. Enjoy!
[ame="http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/bponci1/media/IMAG0756_zps7ffa7688.jpg.html"]IMAG0756_zps7ffa7688.jpg Photo by bponci1 | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/bponci1/media/IMAG0755_zps2fbdb464.jpg.html"]IMAG0755_zps2fbdb464.jpg Photo by bponci1 | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/bponci1/media/IMAG0754_zpseca5210d.jpg.html"]IMAG0754_zpseca5210d.jpg Photo by bponci1 | Photobucket[/ame]

Back