Poping with smarty

Shambo

Diesel Idiot
Anyone know why when I launch power breaking I get a popping sound out of the exhaust? It has happened on level 7,and 9.

It only happens right at the start then kickes in? If I was draining the rail wouldn't it keep doing it?

i have a similar problem. i have a airdog 150 and it only seems 2 happen when I break the tires loose in 3td gear. It sounds like its missing but the rp gauge says everythings good?

It's a timing issue...try running stock timing and see if results vary.

You are probably draining the rail

Without being able to see the maps on the SCI trucks..I'm going out on a limb here, but in the 06+ trucks...

Rail drain isint possible...it can get low but not enough to cause a pop..the ECM has a programming feature that will begin to pull duration to keep the rail with enough fuel to maintain consistent pressure.

So as fuel is commanded and ECM sees difference between commanded vs actual pressure it will pull duration to save pressure.

Duramax ECMs do the opposite...they will allow rail to drop to maintain duration.

Again this is from looking at a 06+ perspective...but stands to reason.

This kid isn't gonna make it another 5 minutes here....I don't have time for this crap.

Rodger I wouldn't call it a pop more of a step up. It's almost like the computer is increasing the fueling level after you leave the line.

Back