Pops when RPM's raised

Changed all 6 injectors and sure wasn't the injector bodies. So tomorrow I am going to pull them out and put my stock tips back on them. Lets see if putting stock injector tips will make a difference.

Still has a white haze and when getting above 1,800 RPM's , the truck will start to pop and throw a puff of smoke every time it pops. I am really getting frustrated with this crap as of now.

my truck is doing the exact same thing, i have no idea were to start, my thoughts were it was the injector bodies can you post of a video of driving? i was also thinking that maybe i'm draining my rail momentarily. Running my smarty on sw2 with the beta 4.2 tune. Maybe our pumps aren't ramping the pressure up quick enough and it drains the rail for a second. The gauge cannot read it fast enough. Possibly a bad prv valve? just some thoughts.

mine does it at 2600 rpm rail press guage hooked up or not, single or dual pumps and with or without boxes, good luck, do you have edm transfer tubes

Stock injector tubes

i have no clue what it could be then cause my rail press sensor, cam,and crank pos sensors are new, i also tried raising and lowering lift pump pressures, i got tired of messing with it so i will let it develop:blahblah1:

What programmer do you have? On the 03-04 if you jump on it and once it gets to 2,600 rpm's. Use to start popping like crazy for a few seconds, but that was because of timing issue and not RP.

Been there tried all new injectors new cp3's new head new ppe controller didn't fix it. Also changed all the usual stuff I quit before swapping ecm's u might want to try that

Been there tried all new injectors new cp3's new head new ppe controller didn't fix it. Also changed all the usual stuff I quit before swapping ecm's u might want to try that

so it's something minor then, i though for sure injectors but in my case it only pops around 1800rpm and with my smarty turned down. I can't see it being an ecm issue but if everything else was replaced it just seems weird

Put stock nozzles on and still have a popping, so I got pissed and started driving the truck. Well 10 minutes later, NO MORE WHITE HAZE. Guess the rings had to seat in and now finally got a decent running truck with 28.2 miles on her so far. Now need to put a few more thousand miles and I will put the 180's back in.

THE POPPING HOWEVER, HAS NOT STOPPED. But it only happens when in park and above 1,500 rpm's.

I think it is CONNECTING TUBES. I am going to change them out later on to see if it made a difference.

Ain't connecting tubes, did them too. It is not a hard part if it is the same thing I had, caused I changed everything, I do mean everything short of pistons. And the pistons and cylinders walls were immaculate. Guess it coulda been a tweaked rod but it won't have been so intermittent in my case. Mine only did it once warmed up to operating temp, I could fool the ecm with a cold coolant sensor and the motor warm and it would drastically improve it. I still say electronic and with all the add on chit eliminated that leaves the ecm.

Ain't connecting tubes, did them too. It is not a hard part if it is the same thing I had, caused I changed everything, I do mean everything short of pistons. And the pistons and cylinders walls were immaculate. Guess it coulda been a tweaked rod but it won't have been so intermittent in my case. Mine only did it once warmed up to operating temp, I could fool the ecm with a cold coolant sensor and the motor warm and it would drastically improve it. I still say electronic and with all the add on chit eliminated that leaves the ecm.

i think your right, with so much other junk that has been on my electronics in the past maybe its got a hiccup:charger:

What your not going to tell them how you fixed it are you?
LOL

Put stock nozzles on and still have a popping, so I got pissed and started driving the truck. Well 10 minutes later, NO MORE WHITE HAZE. Guess the rings had to seat in and now finally got a decent running truck with 28.2 miles on her so far. Now need to put a few more thousand miles and I will put the 180's back in.

THE POPPING HOWEVER, HAS NOT STOPPED. But it only happens when in park and above 1,500 rpm's.

I think it is CONNECTING TUBES. I am going to change them out later on to see if it made a difference.

so you don't get any popping and white smoke when you drive it? mine has been doing this and i haven't touched the motor internally. I'm guessing ti could be electronics but find it weird especially days after doing all this recent work to my truck.

Well it is electronic issue for sure but why after the pop does it throw a white puff of smoke?Maybe it's the injector harness or maybe because I left my PPE loaded when I turned the truck off. PPE sure does eff **** up quick from my experiences.

He sold it!
Has anyone thought of having the ecm re-flashed? just a thought.
Joey whats with the PPE, I thought you loved it?

I have the same issue with mine with any programmer except the SmarTone-Vodafoney beta. All downloaders bully dog, ppe, smarty revo, tnt, tnt r. I replaced all hard parts injectors, cp3, conn tubes, crank sensor, map sensor, rail pressure sensor, p.r.v, adjusted valves, everything. It seems to be a computer issue I mean that's really all that's left. I believe I'm gonna break down and get a reman computer. There is a good place I know of called auto computer exchange out of Florida, they are around 700 bucks add they fully rebuild the computer and it comes with your vIn and mileage programmed when its shipped. That's prob gonna be my next move.

Back