Possible cracked head

jwfrauts

My truck started puking water again out of the degas bottle when it has the looney tune in it, it does not do it stock. The passenger side head has a lot of oil on and around it, also. I took it to Ford and they ran several test on it and said the headgasket was not blown but they think the head is cracked. They called me today and told me to pick it up because they could not get to it for couple of weeks and just take it easy on it. (they know it is tuned). I will take it back when they call and they will fix it on warranty. I blew the headgaskets at 32,000 miles and Ford put headstuds in it then. It now has 54000 on it. Has anybody else had any cracked head issues? The truck has seen several 1500 to 1600 deg times in short spirts, also. Just wondering if this is another know issue.

Every single head I have seen has a crack in it. The 6.0's are notorious for cracking between the valves. They are no where near the water jackets though. Your puking is EGR cooler related most likely. Weld up the up pipe, and you shouldn't have any issues.

Ford put the sneaky pipe in it from Elite Diesel when the put the studs in it. So it shouldn't be the egr cooler. They also replaced the cooler when I blew it up before installing the sneaky pipe. Like I said I know the service writer and she has been pretty good. They put the studs and block off pipe in it for me on warranty.

just because you block off the up pipe pressure doesn't mean that you wont have anymore EGR cooler issues..it just help..the only way to prevent puking is to delete the entire EGR cooler.

Abrannan19 said:
just because you block off the up pipe pressure doesn't mean that you wont have anymore EGR cooler issues..it just help..the only way to prevent puking is to delete the entire EGR cooler.

amen let the truth be told! The next 6.0L I get the first mod I will do is pull that POS EGR cooler.

Back