Possibly the craziest idea I've had

roachie

Taco Master
Take a pair of V8 heads, cut a cylinder off each one, weld the remaining into an online 6 head.......

Can it work

Doubtful. geometry is different and more then likely bore spacing, bolt holes are different, over all width.

Last edited:
Take a pair of V8 heads, cut a cylinder off each one, weld the remaining into an online 6 head.......

Can it work

It can be done. We used to have a guy in my neck of the woods who called himself the Mad Frenchman. He had a Ford Galaxy with a 300 6cyl with a pair of cut down 460 heads on it. The car ran consistently in the 9's.

But it still begs the question, why?

It's been done on the 5.9.
There is a guy in indiana that did basically what you described to make a head for a light limited super stock tractor that had a 5.9 on alcohol.

It's been done on the 5.9.
There is a guy in indiana that did basically what you described to make a head for a light limited super stock tractor that had a 5.9 on alcohol.

I'll bet I know that guy. :aiwebs_026:

Mine is not diesel related, but it does involve a 300ci ford I6 and chevy LS1 heads. From what I read the bolts line up but the bore spacing is off by 0.02 or 0.05 per hole. My concern is joining the heads and it lasting.

I have read several times of people doing that with the ford 300 I6.

when I hit the lotter y I am ordering 5 motors from harley davidson, getting a shop to mill them to fit end to end, get a crank made to run all 5 and have an air cooled v10 that will sound pure awesome.

when I hit the lotter y I am ordering 5 motors from harley davidson, getting a shop to mill them to fit end to end, get a crank made to run all 5 and have an air cooled v10 that will sound pure awesome.

This. But with banshee cheetah engines. Hmmm... I don't know which would sound better. I'll take one of each for comparison.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Phil's cycle in el reno, ok used to take banshee engines and make inline 4's. He probably still does.

I've seen one with big block dodge heads cut and put on a 5.9 cummins in a alcohol tractor.

http://www.cdpautomachine.com/leo/leo.html
check out this build will answer a lot of questions on the how to.
chevy application.... but ya whatever.. process is process. and parts are parts
bore spacing is important but mustang guys are running ls1 heads with a .040 difference( i think) spread across 4 holes.

http://www.cdpautomachine.com/leo/leo.html
check out this build will answer a lot of questions on the how to.
chevy application.... but ya whatever.. process is process. and parts are parts
bore spacing is important but mustang guys are running ls1 heads with a .040 difference( i think) spread across 4 holes.

exact place i was going to post. buddy of mine and i have been talking about doing this with a 292 he has.

It can be done. We used to have a guy in my neck of the woods who called himself the Mad Frenchman. He had a Ford Galaxy with a 300 6cyl with a pair of cut down 460 heads on it. The car ran consistently in the 9's.

But it still begs the question, why?

Yep, a friend of mine has a 300 6cyl that has 302 BOSS heads cut into individual cylinders and welded all together done my one of the big ford guys(700hp). He also just got done with a Chevy engine doing the same thing.

Phil's cycle in el reno, ok used to take banshee engines and make inline 4's. He probably still does.

Mattoon machine makes 2, 3 and 4 cylinder cases. Cameron at redline had a 4 cylinder sit down bike that did 350 HP on fuel and had a 50 shot per cylinder. It was running 3.teens in 300 ft on fuel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back