potentiometer mod?

stovepipe

some of you guy's running one of those pot mods instead of tps do you set the volts to one setting and forget about it or do you adjust it when you are going to be drag racing or pulling. I am having problem with the throttle linkage or peddle position being low to get the volts high enough to not lock and unlock going down the road so I made a bracket to hold the stock tps and turned it to 3.5 volts overdrive shifted around 55mph so then I tried it again at 2.4 volt now it shifts at 48mph and does not seem to lock and unlock. I was wondering if this is basic idea behind the pot only the pot would be a lot cheaper instead of buying a new tps.

At first, I had to adjust the pot for OD, and again for LU. Now I found the sweet spot, and OD and LU are at stock points again.

It takes some playing with, just make sure you get the right POT, or it makes it a lot harder. I can't remember where I found the thread that says what to get exactly, but you can google cummins potentiometer or something like that, it'll pop up.

Now I just have to fix governor pressure solenoid/sensor and I'll be back to normal.

For random no 1st gear, yup. That's what every trans shop, compd, cf, and dodgetalk, all tell me. I'm hoping thats it. If its not then I think I'm screwed.

If you're talking about my TC lockup problem, then it was my tps, it was completely shot. In the end it was locking up as soon as it shifted into 2nd, and I had to lockout OD under 40mph, and then let it shift into OD/Lockup at the same time. It made driving the truck very rough.

I can't get it to LU below stock 45 w/o making it refuse to shift into overdrive until 35mph or so.

Back