Powder Coat or Paint?

Fx4ord

Man it's hot in here.....
Powder Coat or Paint my Lift?

I am having a tough time with deciding on whether or not to either paint or powder coat my Rize Lift Kit. My truck is Arizona Beige with gloss black accents and the silver lift to me looks a little off. My lift is not installed yet but it's sitting in my trailer. I have a little time here and was thinking about making it gloss black to match my accents. But then again my wheels are teflon coated (kinda flat black) so I am color coordinationely challanged right now. I even thought about doing it in Arizona Beige. Anybody with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
dont do it in arizona beige, i think it would look 'off'

Yea That's kinda what I'm leaning toward. A gloss black.

check it out...here's it PC'ed in Dark Stone:

http://www.trucktoyzperformance.com/gallery/browser.php?imageid=5382

viewer.php

and check out the red on the shop truck:

http://www.norcaltruck.com/

Denny,

That's "Black Chrome" Powdercoat on Kevin's RIZE lift.
Black Chrome powder never really turns out all that black......

Tommy,
I think a pretty much any black (there are lots of black powders, flat black, gloss black, mirror black, super mirror black, Candy Black Translucent, Black Chrome, etc.. LOL ) would look good on your truck.

Last edited:
Give this fella a call....TooMuchBoost Status:
Supporting Vendor
image.php

www. SouthernPolyurethanes.com​
Automotive Coatings

Andy knows his stuff. They make some wicked black paint....:rockwoot:​

Yeah, Andy does offer some Black as Black can get paint along with high end clears.

I'll be using some of his stuff on parts of my truck soon....

No kidding I would not have imagined that there would be so much choice when powdercoating. I just thought that it would be black in gloss or flat. Thanks, DC, CH, Burner,Drspeed, and Santagertrudis. I appreciate you input.

For the Powder....it all depends on who you use and who they buy their powder from. Some places will only buy one brand of powder and don't have much selection.

For alot of cool looking colors, fancy stuff, etc.. (they can do custom stuff as well) check out www.columbiacoatings.com

Also, some powdercoaters will custom mix colors to get a custom color to match the theme of the truck or to colormatch other products (I've had this done with shock clamps for customers to match the "King Blue" that King uses).

For powders....pretty much the blackest black I've seen is the Mirror Black.
Once you get into the super mirror blacks and black chrome they seem to lose some of their blackness (more brownish/grayish hue to them)

:D

Just dropped it off yesterday. I'm going for the gloss black. Sh!t I can't wait. Install date will start on the 13' of feb

Back