Power Steering ?s

BAF250

Lead - Follow- or Move !!
What are some signs of it going out. My truck seem to wonder.
Had the frt end checked - ok

Thanks,
Bill

Need more to go on. What year truck? Lifted or stock?
There is a tsb on tightning the steering gear lash for 05+

03 4x4 / CC / DR 2" Mini spring pack / 315x75x16 on 16x8 HC wheels.
Steering seems as thought the adjustment was tightened as many have done the 1/4 turn, to fix sloppy steering. No adjustments have been made.:doh: :thankyou2:

BAF250 said:
What are some signs of it going out. My truck seem to wonder.

Thanks,
Bill

Maybe its the driver.LOL LOL :thankyou2:

Just kiddin Bill. When we gonna run up to Bone Daddies and have a beer?

BAF250 said:
What are some signs of it going out. My truck seem to wander.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill. I wouldn't be looking at the steering pump as your culprit. My assumption is if the front end parts are indeed tight and the alignment is in check, you have a tire sidewall issue. You might try raising or lowering the tire pressure to combat the wandering. Of course, there are some tires that just seem to give the driver a "squirmy" feeling behind the wheel regardless of air pressure used..

indeed tight and the alignment is in check - Had that cheched today

you have a tire sidewall issue. You might try raising or lowering the tire pressure to combat the wandering. Of course, there

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, can you give me more on your thoughts - you have a tire sidewall issue :thankyou2:

BAF250 said:
indeed tight and the alignment is in check - Had that cheched today

you have a tire sidewall issue. You might try raising or lowering the tire pressure to combat the wandering. Of course, there

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, can you give me more on your thoughts - you have a tire sidewall issue :thankyou2:

Well, often times when you go to larger tires, you often times will go down a range in load (even if it does say you have a higher weight rating, you still have less plys) Also, what wheel/tire combination are you running.. (Filling out a signature would help a ton here. :) )
As I said earlier, some tires just seem to make a vehicle wander. I would like to see what happens to your truck if you put the stock wheels and tires on it....

Back