Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads a good choice for my truck?

LKuilder

Well I'm finally breaking down and putting some new breaks on the truck. I've got Mopar replacement rear shoes and I'll just turn down the rear drums as there's plenty left but I know the front rotors will need replacing. They're warpped pretty bad mostly from the previous owner and I have finally had enough and broke down and decided that they are just going to be replaced. I was looking at going with the Powerslot rotors and the Hawk super duty pads for the front. Looking for any advice or reviews from anyone that's used them if this would be a good choice for my truck or if anyone would reccomend something different.

i have been running powerslot rotors on my 3rd gen for about a year now and they really have helped with braking i really noticed the braking when i first installed them.

I love the powerslots. not the hawkpads though.there wasnt much option when i did mine. I went with raybestos sever duty pads and they have been great

Not too happy with the Hawks either, mine have squeaked since they where new. I do have the power slots, they seam to work well.

I liked the power slots/hawk combo on my 2500. They stopped it from 125+ at the end of a drag strip many times. I didn't get any squeak or squealing.

I liked the power slots/hawk combo on my 2500. They stopped it from 125+ at the end of a drag strip many times. I didn't get any squeak or squealing.

125+? where you staying in it well past the lights?LOL

I could not find a listing for the power slots on a 3rd gen, anyone have part numbers?

Had that combo and loved it. Great stopping power. Only problem was my pads were very dusty and would squeal when they got hot.

:hehe: Yeah! That's it! Now you've gone and made me dig up old time slips! LOL

Whoa! I'm wrong! It was 120.32 mph.

11_41.jpg

tcalvin has these on his truck i believe, he loves his!

Back