Powerstroke 6.0 Starts, Runs, Then starts missing and then DIES!!!

Powerstroke6.0

Hi Everybody

Im at a loss with figuring this out. My Truck will start up run perfect then it starts misfiring and then it get so bad and stall out. Sometimes white smoke sometime it doesn't. It does smell like raw diesel.

Now i have deleted the EGR. No coolant loss.

Fuel Pressure is holding 58PSI when is does stall.

The IPR is like 32% if i remember Correctly.

The ICP is reading normal. It goes up to about 900-1000 PSI when it stalls.

The Ficm Is 48V all through out.

I have done the bulletproofing myself. I did the HPOP and HPO Branch Tubes.

Also i get one code. P0269 - Cylinder 3 Contribution/Balance
But if i shut down that injector it does run different so i no the injector is working. I Hooked up a snap on modis and did a buzz test and it all checks out.

The only thing i can think of is Injectors But im not someone to throw parts at it and find out its not it.

Please any/suggestions are welcomed.
I really need Help with this thing.

When were the injectors last out? Is it putting combustion gasses back into the fuel system? You can take the two lines that attach at the fuel filter and run to the heads, zip tie a rubber glove to each one after removing it from the filter. Crank and see if they inflate. Most hard/no start and immediate shut downs I have seen where ICP and FP look ok seem to be related to a blown out injector copper washer from a loose hold down.

The injectors were last out back in August when i did the bullet Proofing. When you say put a rubber glove over the line i put them over the side that attaches to the head correct?

I really hope its something Stupid like that.

The injectors were last out back in August when i did the bullet Proofing. When you say put a rubber glove over the line i put them over the side that attaches to the head correct?

I really hope its something Stupid like that.

Yes, where the line comes into the valley, attach a glove over top of that and zip tie it in place, one for each side. If they inflate at all you found your problem, and you know which side to pull apart. You can unplug your fuel pump to keep mess to a minimum.

No problem! It seems to be the one issue there is no formal diagnostic procedure for, you can have everything perfect and the engine still won't start or run right.

Will

Just an update it worked like a dream replaced number 3 seals and cooper washer. Truck is running beautiful. Thank you so much guys

Awesome! Glove inflated right away?

Sent from my flashscan v2

Right Away. Now that's a new trick for diagnosing a problem lol. Im going to be buying that autoenginuity software to help with more diagnosing with as many problems as i have had with this truck.

Back