PPE Garrett GT4088R on a Duramax

Dieselson

ppe power
I suppose I'd post up pics and tell you about the new PPE duramax turbo kit, this one was the first, way back in august of last year, and we have tested it extensivly. We've towed with a 13,000 pound trailer, and with the Dual fueler, it did way better than stock. Cruising up grades going faster than some of the cars with no trailers at only around 1,200 degrees max EGTs. It also spools very fast for daily driving. At the track its a blast, its lound, obnoxious, but in a good way, and fast, it is easy to boost launch and it nets fast times. Overall it is great, and here are the pics.

Attachments

• DSCN0392.JPG
    DSCN0392.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0396.JPG
    DSCN0396.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0390.JPG
    DSCN0390.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 95
Yes, which means, you don't have to let the cool down for as long, like after a drag race.

Cool! Did it bark at all when it was lugged under load? Did it bark going into 4th or 5th while loaded?

brandon.

No, it didn't. Only time it barks, is when you hit it on the freeway, adn then immediately take your foot off the pedal.

a 4088 is 2.5" inducer...I'll bet it is a lot more drivebale on a Duramax than my old 12v...but man does it run good once it spools!!

Chris

Signature600 said:
a 4088 is 2.5" inducer...I'll bet it is a lot more drivebale on a Duramax than my old 12v...but man does it run good once it spools!!

Chris

It's 2.539 to be exact :D It drove great when it was in Casper. Pat went 11.89 with it at LACR.

I'll bet it is a lot more drivebale on a Duramax than my old 12v...but man does it run good once it spools!!

That's why I was so inquisitive - I think Kevin should run your 'charger for the local 2.5" inducer pulling classes. He won't because the mechanic at Kehl told him that he's bent all of his rods to some extent even with just hte TTS, F1 injectors and CP3. The turbo sounds like a sweetheart, but Kevin didn't want to do rods now... :doh:

brandon.

joefarmer said:
THe won't because the mechanic at Kehl told him that he's bent all of his rods to some extent even with just hte TTS, F1 injectors and CP3.

How did he check this??

Chris

The injectors are stock by the way, hopefully we can keep the engine together that way.

Noreaster said:
:hehe: he just needed to get his $.02 DP post flusey #1 :hehe:

Good to see you are still as mature as ever.

And what would you know about putting motors at risk? It take a little more than a Predator. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
duratothemax said:
Good to see you are still as mature as ever.

And what would you know about putting motors at risk? It take a little more than a Predator. :rolleyes:

Guess you told him, huh?

:hehe:

why all the sarcasm scott? did I do something wrong? would you agree that bigger turbo dual cp3's, you ARE going to blow it up?

duratothemax said:
not with dual CP3's and a bigger turbo you wont ;)

Not sure. Seems I might have found the solution. Need more testing though.

Actually need more hours in a day. :(

Back