Ppump DV shim failure

Cheesegrindr12v

I was changing my 131DVs out for some 181s today, and found the sealing ring under the DV was in like 9 pieces. Wtf? It was in hole #2. Is this common? I got everything out I could see. I already have new sealing rings or shims and prongs coming from Taylor Diesel.

8yvy9yru.jpg

Last edited:
If the dv holders have been retorqued a few times they will break down like that...

1 413 462 095 is the rack cap

I would remove all the shims and run the 181's without shims. Whenever I upgraded DV's on a factory original 131 valved truck, I remove the shims entirely.

I would remove all the shims and run the 181's without shims. Whenever I upgraded DV's on a factory original 131 valved truck, I remove the shims entirely.

^^^

What he said, I missed it at first...don't use those sealing washers with the 181 style dv.

Oh, ok! Thanks for the info! I was concerned that some of the seal ring got into the plunger. I got out as much as I could. But i didnt see any more. I ordered the Mack rack plug today also. What is the most CC's that you can get out of a 175hp pump? The pump was benched @ Taylor and was at 320cc. Is that good? I put a 10 plate in it, 4gsk, dual feed, barrels racked, and star wheel forward. I haven't messed with the AFC yet because I haven't found a great write up description on exactly how to tune it. The DVs were not in it when it was benched. How much does that gain? If these same mods were done to a 215hp pump, how many CCs would it put out? Thanks for the info!

Back