Primary oil drain

4thesporty

I would like some feedback on my primary oil drain fitting. I need to clearence the lip of the pan a little to finish it out. It is a -12an fuel cell bulkhead fitting. I plan on either having it tigged in (need to find someone with a tig) or using JB welding the nut to the inside of the pan and loctiting in the nipple. There are teflon washers on both sides on the pan to prevent leaks.

Here is the fitting i have:

JEGS Performance Products 110563 JEGS High-Flow Fuel Cell Bulkhead Fittings

Here are some shots of it:

temporary_zps447b09f8.jpg

temporary_zps579e9105.jpg

temporary_zpsd4583770.jpg

temporary_zpsc532ae88.jpg

Does it stick too far in the oil pan to cause problems with crank clearance? (1/2")

I think it would be fine. I just got mine finished. I bought the steel weld in bung in -12. And a -12 cap, because I'm not ready for my second turbo yet. I welded it on then drilled out the hole. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363062634.153425.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363062661.437048.jpg

How far does yours protrude into the pan?

Where did you find a steel weldin -12 bung also?

I welded a -12 in mine and have it capped for now as well.

IMG_2377.jpg

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Why put it in at a sharp angle? I had a -16 and a -10 tigged onto a short pipe section with an internal diameter slightly greater than the ID of the AN fitting, then had those pipe sections tigged onto the pan at an angle. it was ground perfectly flush on the inside, and I didn't have any clearnace issues at all.

picture.php

I got my fittings from summit racing, and had a local shop do the welding for me.

^ That looks pretty good. Why didnt you spray them with some paint afterwards though?

No need to have the drain angled at all. I would at least use a weld fitting since the pan is off already.

Thanks for all the examples. I thought I would be slick with my bulkhead fitting, but looks like I am just going to order the weld fitting and do it right.

I'd hate to have to pull the pan in frame to fix an oil leak there.

ONVACATION, is there a reason you put both oil drains in your pan? Did you just put a freeze plug in your factory oil drain location?

I bought the weld on fitting and found a local welderthat will tig it up. Thanks compD!

Thanks for all the examples. I thought I would be slick with my bulkhead fitting, but looks like I am just going to order the weld fitting and do it right.

I'd hate to have to pull the pan in frame to fix an oil leak there.

ONVACATION, is there a reason you put both oil drains in your pan? Did you just put a freeze plug in your factory oil drain location?

Easier routing.

I had to get a new oil pan anyways, and it was only like ten more bucks for the reloacted second drain. It cleared up space in the front of the engine for the remote oil filter lines, and helped make sure I wouldn't have anything dropping in front of where I plan to put the air intake.

Plus, I thought it looked nicer.

And I'm going to have it painted, Just hadn't done it yet when I took the picture

Back