pro street an index class?

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
what do yall think about making pro street a 10.50 index class? or adding that class to races? Slow the trucks down and have less breakage and more racing?

Personally I'd love to run 9's and i think i know what it takes to do it and believe i could get the dually down to a 10.0 but id rather hold back and run high tens and not have to wrench on it ( as much ) every weekend.

Dont get me wrong I love pro street, but how many times this year has the fastest truck won a ps class? i know my win at Ennis was helped out because of the two trucks faster than me breaking. As a spectator I'd love to see close races over blow outs because of breakage.

how about these classes?
ET
12.00 index
10.xx index
Pro stock
top diesel?

Just throwing stuff out there to get yall talking!

didn't dhra try that & thats what spawned the outlaw races a few years back?

So you would be getting rid of the super street class and putting it where?
if you want to run a 10.5 index why dont you run the Super Street class its pretty much a 10.00 to 10.99 field.

You would have no place for the current pro street trucks, I doubt they will want to slow down to run 10.5 and they arent fast enough or wont have certification to run in pro stock.

Hey I'm just saying stuff people have said to me.

You make good points tho. I do want to run super street. But don't like the fuel tank and battery rule.

Yes the fuel tank and battery rule is a pain. It was brought in because there were too many people complaining about the way super street was going.
We made a fuel cell and mounted in under the truck in the stock fuel tank location and that is allowed so maybe look at doing that. As for the battery yes it sucks having to put it back under the hood..

It would be nice for me also, only because my truck is too slow right now for PS. But I think that is what keeps everyone pushing the boundaries. Last year, most guys around here were running mid to high 6s and 10s. And the fastest ones usually broke. But now there are several low 9 second trucks and they are making rounds. It sucks for guys like me, but I'm really glad to see them going that fast and staying together.

I do think a few of the trucks out there are a little beyond the PS class now. Like the seth sullivan truck. I love to see it go, but I don't think it really belongs in a pro street class anymore. Maybe there should be a new class for that type of truck.

That would be good to have a seperate class for trucks like Seth, but there would have to be more than a few trucks to make a whole class.
And they dont fit into Pro Stock catagory it makes it tough to make new calsses untill we get more and more t.rucks showing up that run with Seth.

There are so many grey areas in the race classes it makes it really hard

attachment.php

Last time, it was a joke to see who could run a 10.5 @ less than 10 mph.

Attachments

• NotThisShitAgain.jpg
    NotThisShitAgain.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't like the idea of making pro street an index class. Run what you brung.

Could be a good strategy. But in all seriousness, if nobody broke anything anymore, what would drive the ingenuity forward for our sport? Better parts are spawned at the race track.

I like the idea of 10.50 class . Index racing brings another strategy to racing. I know my race suv is happy in the mid to low 10s ,boost,egts, very light nitrous.

I don't agree on an index class for Pro or Super Street. I believe I've won more races in those two classes over the years with my tow truck running 11's/12's than my race truck. Turn it down and run mid 10's and most likely will still be in the top 2. This way it won't limit someone who wants to push things and test their ideas.

I really like index racing, but don't feel this class is the place.

Why try and kick seth out? They meet all the rules and are heavier than most of the trucks in the class. That truck has been in that class longer than most people have been involoved in this sport. Next thing you know y'all will be trying to kick phil out, then stuckey, then etc...

Last edited:
Back