Problem with new autometer rail pressure gauge

poorboycummins

I installed my autometer factory match gauges today and my fuel rail pressure shutters and is jerky and just bounces back and fourth. Anyone have a problem like this that can help? I followed the instruction. Could it be a bad gauge?

So I sent my autometer fuel rail pressure gauge back to autometer they said they found nothing wrong with the gauge. Was real sure what could be going on with the gauge. Checked all my connections everything was good. Could my rail pressure sensor be going bad? I have no check engine lights on could someone chime in for some help? Thanks

could be a bad sensor, they never find anything wrong with gauges btw

No they said the gauge checked out fine. I see you have EFI Live can you check sensor with it? I was thinking of getting it soon. Thanks again

rail pressure isnt smooth. It is jerky and varies with load. Is it fairly smooth at idle?

Idle is 8,000 psi? Seems high, no? Usually 4-5,000 is idle

4-5k cranking and 6-7k curb idle. My bad guys.

My truck idels at 8k and when I stomp on it hard the gauge goes to 30k then bounces back down around 25k and it varys between there and about 20k back and fourth. Sorry this common rail thing is all new to me. Could there be something wrong with my truck?

Back