problem with trucks factory trailer wireing

scott2001

Its never fast enough
ok so about 2weeks ago i puchased a 04.5 duramax, i picked up my small trialer from dads, it just a 4 plug wirieng kit on it. well i only had one brake light.

i know its in my truck, cause i hooked up to my horse trialer only had one brake light, my trialer brakes was working on it also.

the truck had a 7prong plug in the bed also, so i crawled under neath the truck, they had piggy backed the factory wiring harnass for power.

I cut that crap out from under it, adn crimped teh factory wires back together. But i still only got one brake light.

My question is what else shoudl i look for, how far up the truck does the harness go. I did look above my spare and seen where there looks like a factory harnass there with 2 or 3 bunches of wires coming out.

Everything on these trucks is individually fused. Check the underhood and dash fusebox. I'd say it's been hooked to a trailer with a short in the wiring and it blew that fuse.

ok thanks, i didnt think of that, i just guess since my trucks tail lights brake lights etc was working I just thought it just the plug wireing.

I had the same problem and it was just a fuse.

Prob a fuse but ck the that plug itself my old half ton had the ground pin corrode to nothing and I had all sorts of trailer problems cuz of it.

yes it was just a corroded wire i found in the plug, i fixed it replaced teh fuse no more problems.

Scott, I had an 04 that did the same thing. I had every thing but running lights.

Back