problems spooling S300

Contact smokem on here. Dont waiste your money on DDP's. DDP's are glorified 370's they open up. they would be 5 holes by 13 thousandth orifice.

That explains a lot with the injectors. I think Jeremy had a revelation at the exact same time I did LOL

Definately don't get 370's, and I would say not to go with DDP either. There are lots of other guys out there that build just as good (probably) better injectors for a far lower price. I'm happy with my 5x.014's I got from Lee, he's a good guy to deal with.

what are those 5x.013 injectors from DDP?

and would those stock injectors do ok if i threw the stock turbo on?

Yea with a stock charger the stock injectors will be fine. You will be stock again:lolly:

That explains a lot with the injectors. I think Jeremy had a revelation at the exact same time I did LOL

Definately don't get 370's, and I would say not to go with DDP either. There are lots of other guys out there that build just as good (probably) better injectors for a far lower price. I'm happy with my 5x.014's I got from Lee, he's a good guy to deal with.

Your right there are good builders and not so good builders. You learn who is who from expereince. Ive had good luck with Smokems, never delt with Lee but have heard good things about his stuff.

It may suprise you since your were only making 15 psi as it is now. But i would go with a set of injectors verse puting a stock charger back on

Sounds like you need to spend more time reading. Then start from scratch with tuning. You could see more than 15psi with those stock injectors.

Last edited:
Like I said before, pull the foot to verify thats the limiting factor. Even with stock injectors you can build more than 15psi, easily.

Now that we know you have used stock 215hp injectors.. Which pump/delivery valves do you have?

What kind of fuel pressure do you have @ WOT?

Like I said before, pull the foot to verify thats the limiting factor. Even with stock injectors you can build more than 15psi, easily.

So stock pump, stock gov springs not tweaked, Stock injectors, stock timing or slightly less and a 64/65 and you think it should make more then15 psi? Whats a truck setup like that make with a stock charger? Thats a big big charger for that combination

stock 160 pump, 3k springs waitin to go in, 18 degrees timing DV's are stock too.

So stock pump, stock gov springs not tweaked, Stock injectors, stock timing or slightly less and a 64/65 and you think it should make more then15 psi? Whats a truck setup like that make with a stock charger? Thats a big big charger for that combination

Same as what I'm thinking. If it was a 180 or 215 pump, I might could see it pushing more that 15psi, but with a 160 with stock gov springs and stock (well 215) injectors I don't see it pushing a 64/65 very hard. If I'm not mistaken, that's an 8mm jump on the compressor and 5mm on the turbine over the stock turbo with almost stock fueling with a 160 pump.

I'll trade you turbos. I need the extra air way worse than you do LOL

But then again, I'm not crazy about the 64/65, I just never saw it as a good compressor/turbine combination. Seems like drive pressure would still be off the chart with it.

I almost feel as though theres another issue besides injectors. I can still get a dark smoke haze in the 10-15 psi range, but cant seem to push past the 15 pounds to clear it up.

Not sure if this hass any effect, but when I did my conversion, I put an industrial exhaust manifold on, which are round ports. my motor has rectangular ports, so i milled a taper into the manifold on the top and bottom, essentially porting it smooth.

I also went back and double checked for any boost leaks, and the system holds pressure.

maybe its time to drop those gov springs in and see what that does...

The round ports are for a 24v. I'm with the other guys, larger wheels, shaft and housing to get this thing spinning on stock fueling. That haze can be from many things, such as improper burn.

Well... I had a 24v in there before I found out it had bad rings and a dead cylinder, so I just swapped parts.

Numbers aren't in the budget now for new injectors, so ill have to work with what I have. What's the stock turbo capable of?

Just an update - pulled the s300 for now and put a stock hx35 in there. Huge difference. 25 psi isn't so hard to push past now. Ill wait till I upgrade the injectors to put the other one back in.

Now the only issues I have to take care of are some shift points and earlier lockups with the pcs

Back