Problems with Interstate McBee

Pudge

Hey guys, I just ordered a rebuild kit and it came with all interstate products. I can't seem to find much information about the parts and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the pistons specifically. They are the 286110 style and I happened to notice they were made in China, I don't generally mind their manufacturing processes, just not sure if I want to trust them to hold together in my engine under some abuse. This is for a 2.6 engine, I'll reorder real Mahle's if I have to, but they don't look any different to me other than the branding. Thanks in advance

I got those going in mine as well. It states on pdr's site that they are of equal quality and pdr wouldn't put a lesser quality product in their kit when they ran out of mahles.

But I have no real world experience with them.

ive built a couple motors will the china cast 110s and 210s mcbees. never had issues. i buy some stuff directly from china that have no problems with quality. i wouldnt be worried IMO

i will say i bought some wrist pins separate for a set of pistons, of which were from china and were junk. the tolerances were all over the place. found this out a two weeks ago when putting an engine together so maybe measure the pins.

The last set of bearings from them had some kind of grit mixed in the top coat you could catch your fingernail on them never again will I get stuff from them!!

What a time for this thread. I recently got a rebuild kit from Jeff using the 210 pistons and everything was Interstate Mcbee. I contacted him with my concerns and he put them to rest, even though he offered to swap out whatever I wanted. :)

Good to get some more confirmation on the stuff though.

The last set of bearings from them had some kind of grit mixed in the top coat you could catch your fingernail on them never again will I get stuff from them!![/QUOTE

after you rubbed them and scuffed them up with 3m brillo pad they were still rough? i use them all the time. ive never had a bad set.

ive built a couple motors will the china cast 110s and 210s mcbees. never had issues. i buy some stuff directly from china that have no problems with quality. i wouldnt be worried IMO

The last set of bearings from them had some kind of grit mixed in the top coat you could catch your fingernail on them never again will I get stuff from them!![/QUOTE

after you rubbed them and scuffed them up with 3m brillo pad they were still rough? i use them all the time. ive never had a bad set.

Yep, same results here. You will be fine.

If you don't like china parts you better not buy genuine cummins parts.

Thanks guys, makes me feel a lot better. The pistons were from China, the pins from India, and the rings from Korea, or somewhere near there. Just trying to put the mind at ease

ain't it a shame, and we wonder why we don't have jobs. I used to sell those parts, but droppped them do to quality issues, this was several years ago so maybe they got better.

ain't it a shame, and we wonder why we don't have jobs. I used to sell those parts, but droppped them do to quality issues, this was several years ago so maybe they got better.

As sad as it is, your absolutely correct with that statement. But on the other side of it, our government agencies won't allow certain production process' to take place in our country. China on the other hand does.

So unfortunately it's either made in china, made in India, hecho en Mexico etc

I had to sand them with 1500 grit sandpaper to get them smooth I should not have to do that if you like to do it go for it I will stick to FP Diesel bearings they are always nice and shiny

If you don't like china parts you better not buy genuine cummins parts.

Which parts? I avoid anything Chinese like the plague, actually worse than the plague. Other than food, Pei Wei is good!:hehe:

Wish I had seen this thread before I rebuilt my engine. I ordered a rebuild kit from Jeff and it came with all Interstate stuff. I reused my factory pistons tho.

Sent from my paperweight.

Look at a cummins 12 valve 5.9 gasket it will say right on it made in china

I bought a new oil cooler from cummins for my 4bt, it was stamped made in china and was actually an 1/8 of an inch deeper then the stock 12/24v one I had.

Cummins parts = Indonesia, China, USA,Mexico and others.
Very depressing to be honest.
On an ISM I build at work the cam follower shaft, stands,followers are from USA, China,Indonesia.Also other parts internally aswell.
We have 1000 hrs on most builds and it gets the hell beat out of it constantly. High temps, a lot of load. Most Failures are egr coolers, Egr Valves, turbos.
Go with them, they will be fine.

Got a set of piston's while rebuilding my 12V from Jeff. Had them fly cut & delipped and with preperations to go in my 2.6 motor I was "going" to build. Jeff had no problem recommending them to me knowing the intended use. That to me said it all.

Truck has since been retired and returned to street/somewhat daily driver plans are for a easy 600HP twin'd motor now.

My McBee's from Jeff
47060_155059197859516_1609658_n.jpg

My Leprechaun on staff
221267_205364406162328_3629808_o.jpg

Finish installation
219963_205365462828889_7408675_o.jpg

Back