problems

01 dodge

had a slight fuel leak at head so i pulled the tube and cleaned everything put it back together and cleaned my IAT sensor also tried the foil wrap on alternator wiring drove truck and it statred bucking and popping under light throttle thought my headlights were gunna fall out so i replaced the IAT sensor same thing checked all my connections to my TST and theyre good only does it when tst is on tho newer vp always fed by fass 150 even took smarty.out and it still does it any ideas? im bout ready to ppump this thing

TPS calibration, is what I have seen cause this before. Unfortunately I don't remember what pin you check on the PCM, but I'm sure someone on here remembers or I can look at all data again and see which one it is. If you pull the housing off the tps there is a sticker that has the voltage spec for your tps on it. They vary from unit to unit so there is no standard to set it at. Read the spec on that sticker, then with the key on you will check out put at the PCM. The output of the tps can be adjusted by loosening the retaining screw and rotating. Do this until you have the desired reading at the PCM an it should clear up. This can only be done a few times before it is too far out of range and the proper voltage can't be attained, in this situation a new tps is required. My guess is it is likely that or your tst. If it still does it with the tst disconnected it's most likely the tps. If it works fine with tst disconnected I would be sending the box back for work.

i tried doing.the APPS reset im running a timbo APPS i think its pin 23 on the pcm b connector but i just use a paperclip on the timbo harness ill check tonite if maybe theres a dead spot in the sensor otherwise might have to.send the tst in sucks box was in there less than a year ago getting upgraded to the comp version

That's a bummer and sounds right on the pin. Those timbo units seem pretty solid so I'd be looking at that box.
Sean

been paying more attention to the problem think i narrowed it down while at idle my voltmeter drops to below 12 volts once the revs go up it slowly comes back to 14 thinking alt battery or a draw somewhere will look in the morning if it dosent snow to much tonite sure would be nice to finish some projects so i could get it in the barn where its a little warmer

bad battery seems to have fixed the issue one would fall to 8 volts on load test

Back