Proformance Pros hand throttle

jedeka

Anyone using the Proformance Pros hand throttle? Any pros/cons? Any other options for a hand throttle? Thanks.

I ordered mine from scheid For 300 ... came with every thing needed for a second gen... I can text pics of it tonight if you would like it see it

Smokin24v, if you could send a pic, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

You guys using solid linkage to the pump or a good high quality push pull cable?

Are these like a tractor where they stay where you put them, or do they spring back like a stock throttle?

Most places require a "dead man" return. When you let off the throttle it returns to idle. My 13MM with Ag Gov. returns by itself without any assistance. I used a 1/2 SS rod and threaded both ends to accept a yoke on one end and a Hurst pistol grip on the other. The cable is a morse style cable with bulkhead fittings on both ends and use a ball stud to attach to the throttle lever and pump with a quick disconnect on both ends of the cable. Cable is 4" of travel and mine is setup when at WOT my arm is straight. If you need pics send me a text and I can send you some.

You guys using solid linkage to the pump or a good high quality push pull cable?

It's been several years but my set up was from ECD and used a quality PTO cable. I imagine they could be had from a good farm supply place or maybe a big truck place. Or maybe just buy it directly from ECD.

Just get a good quality push pull cable and then make the handle your self with some flat stock its how I did mine

I like the one I got from performance pros.

Attachments

• 20140623_224600.jpg
    20140623_224600.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
a>

Guess I'm not smart enough to post a pic

Last edited:
Hand throttles can be made really cheap depending on what you have for metal lying around. I made mine for the cost of a 3' pto cable from summit and a weekend. I bolted it right to the bracket for the middle hump suck seat that I took out, I also worked in the idle adjustment to the hand throttle too. I can post pictures if you're interested.

7a966b558e0aa08471a567a028a0909c.jpg

I made my own setup with the old silage chopper handle LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I thought about using the button that would be the boom master on a sprayer for the nitrous solenoid.......LOL LOL LOL but no they're not hooked to anything at the moment haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty simple, idle adjustment up top and rerurn spring is below. Bolts to the seat bracket
uploadfromtaptalk1427492076936.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427492097326.jpg

Go wemachinebilletparts.com we have them that bolt where the factory center console was.

Back