programmer for an 2004.5 duramax

scott2001

Its never fast enough
i hope this is in the right section, i looking at a 04.5 duramax now and wanted to know what programmers are there for it the truck has a cold air intake didnt pay atrtenion to the brand and some kind of 5in exhuast. the truck will be used for towing and dd. It already as a set of guages in it so some of the stuff is already taken care of. It just came back from the dealer with a new set of injectors under warranty. thanks

PPE has the best programmer for a duramax, EFI-Live is the best way to tune a duramax.

Depending on what kind of powere you want to make,; PPE has the best for the hotter-more smokey tunes, but don't overlook the Diablosport Predator for a great 120 hose/ mileage tuner.
As said, EFI Live is the best hands down but requires a laptop, $800, and understanding of the software/someone to tune it for you. Most vendors will make a starter tune for you.

i need one thats smokey im going to try to make more clean power, my dodge more then what i would like for it to.

Unless you build the trans you probably dont want to go more than 90HP over stock. Just about any tuner will get you there.

EFI live is the way to go for low smoke, start with a tune and play with feuling and the turbo vanes to keep smoke down. Plus you can tune in a engine brake useing the turbo vanes. Biggest downside is learning how to tune with it(takes time but just about anyone can figure it out) and it cost a lot, unless your looking at buying a PPE hot plus 2.

Back