programming suggestion help.

jallan

Smoke show
I have read eleventy billion treads on programming I am trying to find something new for my truck. Keep in mind it is an early 04 manual.

Just did some more up grades to my truck and the beta 4.2 kinda sucks to daily drive way to touchy on the go pedal for driving around town. I like the power of the 4.2.

I have had all the head work studs springs port job ect. with some 150 hp sticks.(and stuff in sig) Does Bob still do the Vin locked TNT/R tune 4k rpm?

I do have an option to go back to Bully dog?

I have Sr06 smarty box I am not sure it newer tune can be done with this or do I need to upgrade it to something else?

If efi was out for this year I would try that!:evil

Thanks,
Justin

tnt r is openly available for download, he does not, that I know of, offer it like he did before.

I have the SSR and am in love with it on my 03.

Just crusing down the road with the cruse set don't matter what speed, it has a smoke haze coming out the stacks. I am not a fan of that. I think the beta 4.2 fuels to hard down low.

I like the power of it, you push the go pedal you better have your socks locked on! :)

Just crusing down the road with the cruse set don't matter what speed, it has a smoke haze coming out the stacks. I am not a fan of that. I think the beta 4.2 fuels to hard down low.

I like the power of it, you push the go pedal you better have your socks locked on! :)

I'm pretty sure it's not the tuning. What size nozzles and pattern are you running for '150 HP'?

originally I bought Scheid's boush 100 hp injector ran those for 2 years and they ran great! sI sent them back to Scheid to have them opened up to 150 hp. I am not sure what pattern they are. It was hard to see but I belive the tips had 7 holes in them. Is it worth a call to Scheid and question them on the injectors?

jallan,
If you have not read about the UDC that Smarty has now you should. It really does help with exactly what you are stating.. Mine is a little newer than yours but I was ina similar position. I ran 4.2 for a long time with a Silver 62 and had to drive very carefully to keep smoke down. Updated to newer versions of smarty and could get it somewhat acceptable but always would be down on power from what I had with 4.2. Did several other tweaks to truck including removing Silver 62 and goong stocker/S478 which helped quite a bit. The recent program with UDC has been GREAT! Can now adjust more than I want. I am just beginning to play with various settings and can already tell it is stronger than I have had in awhile and just barely getting a haze when accelarating hard.

There are a FEW post regarding UDC that I am sure if you read thru you will want to try the UDC software that will work with your current Smarty. I am fairly sure once you try the New software you will not be able to go back to Beta 4.2 but am fairly sure you will not want to.

Jeff

jallan,
If you have not read about the UDC that Smarty has now you should. It really does help with exactly what you are stating.. Mine is a little newer than yours but I was ina similar position. I ran 4.2 for a long time with a Silver 62 and had to drive very carefully to keep smoke down. Updated to newer versions of smarty and could get it somewhat acceptable but always would be down on power from what I had with 4.2. Did several other tweaks to truck including removing Silver 62 and goong stocker/S478 which helped quite a bit. The recent program with UDC has been GREAT! Can now adjust more than I want. I am just beginning to play with various settings and can already tell it is stronger than I have had in awhile and just barely getting a haze when accelarating hard.

There are a FEW post regarding UDC that I am sure if you read thru you will want to try the UDC software that will work with your current Smarty. I am fairly sure once you try the New software you will not be able to go back to Beta 4.2 but am fairly sure you will not want to.

Jeff

Thank you for the advice! I will research the the UDC.

Justin

tnt r is openly available for download, he does not, that I know of, offer it like he did before.

I tryed this a few years ago and my truck did not like it, plus the tune did not go to 4k rpm what do you have to do to make it go to 4k?

Back