progressive n2o controller

lukecline

Kansas Kid
I picked up a Cold Fusion progressive controller a few weeks back and finally got around to hooking it up. I know im gonna have to play with the start % and ramp time a little bit, but where is a good place to start?

Im running 2-175 hp solenoids (planned on doing a 2 stage setup originally). 1 solenoid netted me ~90-100hp according to my track times with a .080 jet. Ive never ran both noids together, but it should be a good ride when i do:ylsuper: .

Here's a link to the controller, its at bottom of page http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/electronics.aspx?CategoryID=18

Im fairly new at running nitrous, so any and all pointers are appreciated:thankyou2:

I have run a 2-second ramp from 35% to 100% single stage in the past. I've also started as small as 0% ramped to 25%. Start small...

brandon.

Ditto.Start small. Cold Fusion delivers nitrous big time.
Buy the way I'm a dealer.

Cool. I think I'm about to switch over to a progressive system too.

I ran the NX SX II d part number 4000 duel stage progressive on PROJECT X Diesel
It is the most user friendly progressive system I have ever used. this system allows you to ramp up the nitrous on boost pressure , I use a .125 jet , and a ,125 solenoid. This system allows you to easily ramp up nitrous on boost or time base events. I used the stop light wire on the brake controller to deactivate the system and ramp up when I release the foot brake. The result was a best of 1.62 60’ at the hands of Wes Snow (crawler) , this is a 2wd . With out the controller the tires would break loose and spin. We have never used the second stage on this system, its faster the rules allow on the second stage , I would ramp it in on time base ,with the first stage on boost . I believe along with Wes that Project X will run low 11 second passes in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was actually the other one I was looking at, mainly because it could go off of boost. This is the one I was looking at: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/NXd_streetperformance.htm . About what does that set-up cost? I can't find your part number on their site. A two stage one would be real nice; do they have that for a 7.3 or did you have to mod yours?

Last edited:
Back