Project X “the beetle” or our 09 Jetta for Pikes Peak

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I’ve spent the week, getting a CM cage in Project X “the Beetle “and getting the pair of engines ready for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

I’m confident we will knock a huge amount of time off the record for diesel car, it’s a soft record. Well after talking to Charlie the tuner at Kerma, we are thinking about taking our 2009 Jetta . The car already has a cage, racing interior and proven suspension .Charlie has been doing so great tuning on the new common rail VW . That with the unreal DSG transmission, it’s going to be fun. Well with then entry fee at $2000, why not enter both

Sounds like it's going to be a good time. Be cool see that diesel beetle going up the hill.

Y'all can have that...I drove my black truck all the way to the top of that hill....talk about zero room for error up there. I almost walked down. LOL

it's a little wild , but its there , and it needs doing , so I'm going to go and try it .

I'd personally focus on one car only, but if you have the resources and manpower to support 2 cars such that having 2 there will not effect your chance at success with either, then go for it.

Well if you're racing I think I'll have to make the trip down for the day, I'd love to see it!

Well if you're racing I think I'll have to make the trip down for the day, I'd love to see it!

we will be up there a whole week it looks like , so come on by .

we can get 225 + HP on the CR 09 car with just tuning. and around 300 + with Project X .
I got another set of billet pistons for the second short block, and its higher compression.

well I spent a few nights getting the dash out of it for the cage , I just picked up a bundle of chrome moly . boy , these VW have lots of screws

DSCN1743.jpg

44 FEET of 1 5/8 .083 CM tubing laying on the ground , and three weeks to go . a pile of stainless steel tubing , and bends and a pair of turbo's . lots of work to get it done .

vw

a pair of turbos????????????? didnt know you were going to run twins?

a pair of turbos????????????? didnt know you were going to run twins?
yes , and done right , turbo's should not blow up .

I also have a big single , to try , we getting it all together.

Kerma is now the exclusive distrubitor for Colt's TDI cam, so I'll be running a Colt cam on this go round, I have been talking with Geoff , and I have a few of my own cams , that I will cycle thru the beetle , but this trip is not going to require a lot of power to set the record . The record is extremely soft , so all we have to do is make it up the hill to beat the Jetta of a few years back, and lean on it just a little to take the record that the Red Bull teams did that same year. this is about finishing the race.

The adjustable cam gear is now finished for a TDI , and will be avalable to the public

Back